The Kiddie Academy® Educational Child Care system has been preparing young minds for future success since its founding in 1981. With more than 270 independently owned franchises throughout the United States, Kiddie Academy provides quality educational child care for children ages 6 weeks to 12 years. Our Life Essentials® curriculum focuses on activity-based, hands-on learning that makes it fun for children and teachers. We believe that nurturing a lifelong love of learning is an asset that children can carry from our Academies into their homes and communities. Kiddie Academy® of Upper Freehold, an independently owned and operated franchise, is an equal opportunity employer.
Kiddie Academy of Upper Freehold has an exciting opportunity for an energetic, creative and organized person to join us as our Food Service Manager. This position allows you to blend your experience in preparing and serving healthy and nutritious meals and snacks with your ability to communicate and collaborate positively with colleagues and children. You’ll be a valued member of a passionate team of child care professionals who make a meaningful difference in the lives of children and families in our community every day. And you’ll do it in an environment with enhanced health and safety protocols. If you’re motivated by smiles and laughs from children and praise from parents, this could be the job for you.
- Plan and prepare snacks and meals in accordance with posted menus and nutrition regulations.
- Determine meal and snack count and distributes food to each classroom.
- Remove trays and leftovers from classrooms and disposes accordingly.
- Perform weekly food and supply inventory; submits list of needed items to director.
- Order food and supply items from approved supplier, within budget set by director.
- Check in supply deliveries to ensure accuracy of order placed.
- Ensure that all state and local health department, licensing, safety and nutritional requirements are met; follows standards of personal hygiene, safety, and sanitation and ensures that other staff in kitchen do the same.
- Keep kitchen, including appliances, cabinets and all inventory, organized and clean. Attend and participate in staff meetings, training sessions, and academy events as requested.
- Accept temporary work assignments in the event regularly scheduled personnel are not available. For example: take full responsibility for the classroom in the absence of the Teacher; assist and supervise children during all activities; counsel children when social, academic, or adjustment problems arise, if qualified to assist in classroom. Diaper changing/toileting assistance is prohibited until food preparation is complete for the day.
Perform other similar or related duties as necessary.
Maintains Food Handler’s Certification as required by state or local regulations.
Job Type: Part-time
Pay: From $16.00 per hour
Expected hours: 25 – 30 per week
- Employee discount
- Paid time off
Weekly day range:
- Monday to Friday
- No weekends
- High school or equivalent (Required)
- Food service: 1 year (Required)
- Food Handler Certification (Preferred)
Work Location: In person