Edit Job | Indeed.com
The Case Manager is a critical part of our dynamic direct care team. S/he assesses the client's needs, plans a course of action to address the needs, coordinates referral services and other key supports, and monitors a client's progress until the client is housed.
Responsibilities and Duties
- Conduct intake and assessment process to orient client to the program and develop individual service plan reflecting assessment needs and goals.
- Meet weekly with client to assist with the achievement of individual service plan goals.
- Coordinate services with Housing Specialist, Employment Specialist and other staff and external partners
- Provide advocacy for individual clients around entitlements and services.
- Provide crisis intervention and supportive counseling to strengthen clients’ ability to make appropriate life decisions.
- Document case management activities in accordance with agency and funding source guidelines and procedures.
- Handle administrative, data-entry duties, related to the updating of the Case Load Sheet, Client Meeting Calendar, and more.
- Complete Housing applications (both written and computer generated) for clients based on their individual needs and functioning.
- Support monthly placement quota, as assigned.
- Facilitate workshops, special presentations, and escort clients as applicable.
- Attend staff meetings and training to enhance skills that are related to job function.
- Must be able to work flexible, alternate schedules which may include evening and weekend shifts.
- Perform other related duties.
Qualifications and Skills
Bachelor Degree in Social Work or Human Services Field considered with 2-3 years of case management experience working with the homeless, mentally ill, substance abuse and/or low income populations. Bilingual a plus. Strong relationship building skills required . Ability to work independently but know when to raise issues to supervisor. Excellent organizational and time management skills necessary. Ability to effectively multi-task and follow-up on a timely basis. Strong PC skills required including Word and Excel.
Job Type: Full-time
Required work authorization: