Are you looking for an opportunity to build a powerhouse system that will secure data critical to national security? You know a good analyst tool is more than just a nice looking interface + data. You use the right combination of clean code, APIs, analytics, and infrastructure to build a user-focused solution.
As a back-end developer on our team, you’ll execute on solutions that will help your customer overcome their most difficult challenges, using the latest architectural approaches like object-oriented programming alongside open source frameworks and tools. As part of our development team, you’ll create a custom analyst tool with consistent performance and scalability. You’ll directly impact the intelligence community by developing resilient and responsive APIs that front-end developers and other systems can use to access server-side logic. With mentoring, positive code reviews, and opportunities to learn new tools and skills, we focus on growing as a team to make the best solutions for our customers. Join us as we build systems to change the intelligence community for the better.
Empower change with us.
Nice If You Have:
- 7+ Years of experience with software development
- Experience with object-oriented programming languages, including Java and scripting languages, including Python
- Experience with relational databases, including PostgreSQL
- Experience with data modeling
- TS/SCI clearance with a polygraph
- BS degree
- Experience with unstructured databases, including Mongo and Elasticsearch and graph databases, including Neo4J
- Experience with customizing the Hortonworks Data Platform
- Experience with working in UNIX and Agile environments
- Ability to brief technical topics to non-technical staff
- Ability to gather requirements from project teams and determine priorities
- Ability to work in an ambiguous, fast-paced, highly collaborative, and team-oriented environment and balance long- and short-term tasking
- Ability to exhibit flexibility, initiative, and innovation
- BS degree in an IT or CS field
Applicants selected will be subject to a security investigation and may need to meet eligibility requirements for access to classified information; TS/SCI clearance with polygraph is required.
Build Your Career:
A challenging and dynamic work environment isn’t all we have to offer. When you join Booz Allen, you’ll have access to:
experts in virtually every field
a culture that focuses on supporting our employees
opportunities that provide stability while offering variety
You’ll also be exposed to a wealth of training resources through our Digital University, an online learning portal featuring more than 5000 functional and technical courses, certifications, and books. Build your technical skills through hands-on training on the latest tools and tech from our in-house experts. Pursuing certifications that directly impact your role? You may be able to take advantage of our tuition assistance, onsite boot camps, certification training, academic programs, vendor relationships, and a network of professionals who can give you helpful tips. We’ll help you develop the career you want as you chart your own course for success.
We’re an EOE that empowers our people—no matter their race, color, religion, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, national origin, disability, veteran status, or other protected characteristic—to fearlessly drive change.