Seeking an Estimator with a construction background to help us with project inquiries, estimating and pre-construction. You will be working with mostly architects and general contractors to answer construction technical questions regarding how our system can work in certain building type conditions and installation of our products.
Please only apply if you are able to commute to both the Russian Hill area of San Francisco and downtown San Rafael, in Marin county.
We are a modern Architectural Metal systems company based in San Francisco, owned by architects and designers. We specialize in balcony railings, stair guard rails, wall screens, canopies, and fence systems. Please check our website at www.bokmodern.com.
Our products are contemporary and cutting edge. We are looking for someone who is interested in being part of a fast-growing company that is set to become a leader in the architectural metal industry. Our clients are architects, interior designers, and major construction companies nationwide.
You must be a team player, extremely organized, focused, and able to stay cool under pressure. Most importantly you must have a great attitude with a problem-solving approach to challenges.
This full-time position includes medical and dental insurance benefits and other office standard holiday benefits. We have two Fridays off each month. We work in a fun and creative environment with a close-knit team that likes to work hard and play hard. We are looking for someone who can join our growing company and be with us for the long term.
- Minimum 5 years of estimating in the construction industry
- Must be able to review complex architecture drawings in AutoCAD, technical documents and create a “take-off”, with measurements and other specifications to submit for a project estimate
- Ability to read Revit and Solid Works drawings is a big plus
- Must be excellent with numbers and Excel
- Must have excellent communication skills
- Must be able to work directly with architects, contractors, and sub-contractors to quickly find technical solutions
- Knowledge of sheet metal or manufacturing process a plus
- Must have excellent project management skills: scheduling, budgeting, coordinating with multiple vendors
- Excellent attention to detail and super organized
- Knowledge of Solid Works a big plus.
- Must be able to work with clients to develop and create construction detailing (i.e mounting details) and assembly drawings
- Must be able to prepare bid packages
- Must have an eye for design with high attention to detail
- Must have excellent ability to find solutions in challenging situations and communicate well with customers, contractors and designers
- Proficient in Excel and Microsoft Word
- Must be organized, punctual and a self-starter
Job Type: Full-time
- estimating: 5 years (Required)
- High school or equivalent (Preferred)
- Health insurance
- Dental insurance
- Paid time off
This Job Is:
- Open to applicants who do not have a college diploma
- Monday to Friday
- 8 hour shift