Responsible for instructing students grades 7 & 8. Creates lesson plans, administers praise and constructive criticism, instructs students on Science curriculum and creates a well-rounded, comprehensive instructional program.
· Create instructional resources for use in the classroom.
· Plan, prepare and deliver instructional activities
· Create positive educational climate for students to learn in.
· Meet course and school-wide student performance goals.
· Participate in ongoing training sessions.
· Create lesson plans and modify accordingly throughout the year.
· Maintain grade books.
· Grade papers and perform other administrative duties as needed.
· Create projects designed to enhance lectures.
· Read and stay abreast of current topics in education.
· Create lesson plans.
· Utilize various curriculum resources.
· Integrate competencies, goals, and objectives into lesson plans.
· Utilize curricula that reflect the diverse educational, cultural, and linguistic backgrounds of the students served.
· Develop professional relationships with other agencies and programs.
· Work with program coordinators to ensure initiatives are being met.
· Establish and communicate clear objectives for all learning activities.
· Prepare and distribute required reports.
· Observe and evaluate student's performance.
· Manage student behavior in the classroom by invoking approved disciplinary procedures.
EDUCATION: Bachelor’s Degree or higher
LICENSING: Must hold or be able to obtain an Indiana State Practitioner’s License in Science grades 7 & 8.
CONTINUING EDUCATION: Must be willing to submit to continuing training as required by the State or the school to maintain the position.
EXPERIENCE: Related job field work experience with demonstrated ability to work without constant supervision.
REQUIRED PHYSICAL SKILLS: Ability to sit, stand, walk, ascend/descend stairs, use hands to finger, handle or feel; talk and hear.
REQUIRED GENERAL SKILLS: Exceptional written and oral communication skills; ability to process tasks using internal software, including current media center software, internet and generally accepted office software such as word and excel. Exceptional organizational skills.
Job Type: Full-time
Pay: $36,798.00 - $59,000.00 per year
- Disability Insurance
- Health Insurance
- Life Insurance
- Paid Time Off
- Professional Development Assistance
- Retirement Plan
- Vision Insurance
- Indiana Teacher (Required)