May 10, 2018
5615 S. 129th East Ave, Tulsa, OK , 74134, United States
2nd Shift - 4:30pm/Hourly
Inbox Human Resources
Job Summary: POSITION SUMMARY:
Operator may set up and operate drill presses, fin machines, plasma machines, or shear/brake equipment. May conduct flushing operations on flush skids. Operates computer consoles as needed. Uses measurement instruments to check work.
Requirements: CAREER PROGRESSION:
1. Basic Qualifications
a. High school diploma or GED preferred
b. Minimum 6 months manufacturing experience
c. Skill/ability to read tape measure and use hand and power tools
a. Shop Safety training complete
b. Consistently demonstrate safe work habits
3. Work practices
a. Proper use of tools
b. Acceptable housekeeping practices
4. Attendance criteria
a. Must be below 3 attendance points to be eligible for promotion
Must meet all requirements of Machine Operator C and:
1. 1 year experience
Must meet all requirements of Machine Operator C and:
1. 3 years experience
- Machine Operator Specialist
- Follows all safety policies and company-wide safety requirements; encourages action assuring safe behavior; confronts unsafe behavior and conditions proactively and positively
Predictably and regularly attends work and is punctual
Attends, participates and conducts pre-shift and weekly safety meetings
Complies with all AXC policies and procedures including Attendance, Code of Conduct, PPE/Dress Code, Teamwork, etc
Clocks in and out of Time and Attendance system and jobs
Sets up, runs, troubleshoots, and maintains machines
Works from drawings or verbal instructions
Rolls and Closes job or Completes Operation in Syteline
Analyzes prints or instructions for discrepancies
Reads, analyzes, understands and demonstrates knowledge of AXC Quality Systems including travelers, work instructions, In-Process Inspection Check Lists, etc
Conducts himself/herself in a considerate, professional, cooperative and helpful manner toward fellow employees, customers, vendors and visitors
PHYSICAL DEMANDS & JOB CONDITIONS
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
1. Physical Activity of the Position:
2. Physical Requirements of the Position:
- Balancing: Maintaining body equilibrium to prevent falling and walking, standing or crouching on narrow, slippery, or erratically moving surfaces. This factor is important if the amount of balancing exceeds that needed for ordinary locomotion and maintenance of body equilibrium.
- Stooping: Bending body downward and forward by bending spine at the waist. This factor is important if it occurs to a considerable degree and requires full motion of the lower extremities and back muscles.
- Kneeling: Bending legs at knee to come to a rest on knee or knees.
- Crouching: Bending the body downward and forward by bending leg and spine.
- Reaching: Extending hand(s) and arms(s) in any direction.
- Standing: Particularly for sustained periods of time.
- Walking: Moving about on foot to accomplish tasks or moving from work side to another.
- Pushing: Using upper extremities to press against something with steady force in order to thrust forward, downward or outward.
- Pulling: Using upper extremities to exert force in order to draw, haul or tug objects in a sustained motion.
- Lifting: Raising objects from a lower to a higher position or moving objects horizontally from position-to-position. This factor is important if it occurs to a considerable degree and requires substantial use of upper extremities and back muscles.
- Fingering: Picking, pinching, typing or otherwise working, primarily with fingers rather than with the whole hand as in handling.
- Grasping: Applying pressure to an object with the fingers and palm.
- Talking: Expressing or exchanging ideas by means of the spoken word. Those activities in which they must convey detailed or important spoken instructions to other workers accurately, loudly, or quickly.
- Hearing: Perceiving the nature of sounds at normal speaking levels with or without correction. Ability to receive detailed information through oral communication, and to make the discriminations in sound.
- Repetitive motion: Substantial movement (motions) of the wrists, hands, and/or fingers.
Exert up to 50 pounds of force occasionally
Exert up to 30 pounds of force frequently
Exert up to 10 pounds of force constantly
3. Visual Acuity Requirements of the Position:
The worker is required to have close visual acuity for preparing and analyzing data and figures, viewing a computer terminal, reading, visual inspection involving small defects, using measurement devices, assembly or fabrication; visual acuity to operate machines such as lathes, drill presses, power saws and mills, welders, grinders, etc. where the seeing job is at or within arm's reach; visual acuity to determine the accuracy, neatness, and thoroughness of work assigned, inspect work, etc.
4. Conditions the Employee will be Subject to in this Position:
To apply, please click on link below:
- Indoor and outdoor environmental conditions. Activities occur inside and outside.
- Extreme heat. Temperatures above 100 degrees for periods of more than one hour. Consideration should be given to the effect of other environmental conditions, such as wind and humidity.
- Noise. There is sufficient noise to cause the worker to shout in order to be heard above ambient noise level.
- Vibration to the extremities or whole body.
- Hazards. Includes a variety of physical conditions, such as proximity to moving mechanical parts, moving vehicles, electrical current or exposure to chemicals.
- Atmospheric conditions. One or more of the following conditions that affect the respiratory system of the skin; fumes, odors, dust, mists, gases, or poor ventilation.
- Small spaces. The worker may be required to function in narrow aisles or passageways.
Harsco is an Equal Opportunity/ Affirmative Action employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Harsco is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability or protected Veteran status.