Data Scientist / Machine Learning Engineer / Software Engineer
At our laboratory located in Department of Bioinformatics, UT Southwestern Medical Center, we're building better machine learning systems to effectively extract knowledge and build predictive models from large-scale genomic and biomedical data. Machine learning is at the core of everything that we do, and we are looking for a motivated, creative, results-oriented data scientist to develop novel models and improve every part of the workflow in machine learning in genomics research. This is a high-impact position that will contribute to the very heart of our research. You will have the potential to make novel discoveries in genomics and medicine, improve our understanding to human diseases, and develop technologies with a broad range of users in biomedical community.
What you'll do:
- Develop novel, production-ready machine learning models for genomics using our in-house neural network architecture, open source tools, or custom solutions built from scratch
- Optimize data analysis workflow to improve efficiency of our scientists in discovering new opportunities
- Maintain rigorous programming and data analytics practices in a fast-moving environment
What you'll need:
- PhD or MS degree in a highly-quantitative or computational field
- 2+ years experience in developing machine learning methodologies and building robust production machine learning systems.
- Strong coding experience, preferably with python and/or R
- Familiarity with web development is a plus
- Experience with distributed computing a plus
Where you'll work:
- At UT Southwestern campus our new office in Dallas, TX, just minutes from Uptown Dallas.
UT Southwestern Medical Center is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer. Women, minorities, veterans and individuals with disabilities are encouraged to apply.
Jian Zhou, PhD
Lupe Murchison Foundation Scholar in Medical Research,
CPRIT Scholar in Cancer Research,
Lyda Hill Department of Bioinformatics,
Job Type: Full-time
Salary: $50,000.00 to $95,000.00 /year