The Senior Manager of Communications function leads certain external and internal communications initiatives to help support the company's business goals associated with key stakeholders - consumers, the industry, potential strategic partners, and employees. Adept as both a strategist and hands-on executor, the Senior Manager helps drive results-focused corporate communications, media relations, and brand marketing PR programming. Where necessary, this role works collaboratively with other members of the Marketing team, Human Resources, Government Affairs and Investor Relations to ensure all company and initiative-specific messaging ladders to the company's overarching narrative(s).
- Develop and execute national and key local market media relations, secure and coordinate national speaking engagements, maintain the company's corporate website and social media channels, and manage internal communications initiatives.
- Manage execution of thought leadership strategies that include Op-Eds, blogs, speeches/panels, newsjacking, etc.
- Manage execution of consumer PR strategies in support of our portfolio of consumer brands.
- Support crisis communication activities, working in conjunction with internal and external partners.
- Manage Acreage corporate social media channels on Twitter, Facebook, LinkedIn, and Instagram
- Manage internal communications platforms (Slack, emails, and other internal communications tools), including drafting/ghostwriting executive copy.
- Build and maintain ongoing beneficial relationships with top-tier business, industry and consumer media.
- Work with the Head of Communications to craft our corporate communications strategies and plans.
- Work with and direct our PR agency partner(s) to deliver on the strategy.
- Prepare company spokespeople for media and industry appearances, including talking points, speech writing, etc.
- Help ensure brand standards and messaging are enforced and optimized across global business.
- Monitor in real-time and share with relevant internal audiences all noteworthy business and industry news in order to inform communications, marketing and other business strategies.
- Serve as a company role model, contributing and adding value proactively by sharing best practices associated with prior experiences, providing access to a network of influencers, resources, potential company employees, etc., and embodying effective brand ambassadorship externally and internally.
- Bachelor's degree required
- Minimum of 7 years of experience in corporate communications, media relations, and brand marketing PR programming
- Excellent written and verbal communications skills
- Strong track record of national business and general media relations success
- Strong consumer PR experience
- Experience working in both corporate and agency environments a plus
- Self-starter who embodies professionalism and a hard work ethic