This position is for the Redmond, WA / Flower Mound, TX or San Jose, CA site
Who we want
Collaborative partners. People who build and leverage cross-functional relationships to bring together ideas, information, use cases, and industry analyses to develop best practices.
Effective communicators. People who regularly share relevant status updates and effectively articulate issues and recommendations to stakeholders and senior management.
Goal-oriented orchestrators. People who can effectively coordinate and focus the work of skilled employees toward an important goal, prioritizing to the right activities that lead to success.
What you will do
Human Resources Expertise
Serves as subject-matter expert to business unit managers and directors and team of HR and Sr HR Business Partners.
Implements change based on proven change management techniques.
Applies policies and procedures across organization; interprets both policies and changes to policy and serves as escalation point for questions.
Ensures team of HR Business Partners apply compliance knowledge to protect organization and mitigate risk.
Seeks ways to proactively improve organizational processes and outcomes; implements solutions that are aligned and consistent with global HR best practices
Works with team members to identify and report trends to Senior HR Leaders for business unit.
Facilitates difficult interactions among organizational stakeholders to achieve optimal outcomes; resolves escalated conflicts among stakeholders.
Builds consensus and settles disputes on HR policy and practice decisions.
Oversee and lead employee litigation/dispute resolution for assigned business group. Business Acumen
JOB DESCRIPTION 2
This description is not intended to represent an all-inclusive list of job responsibilities, but to outline the essential functions of the position.
- Leads a team of HR Business Partners who execute HR business strategies to drive key business results; provides guidance on HR matters, partnering with subject-matter experts to develop needed solutions.
- Maintains broad-based knowledge of the organization and its operations; uses knowledge of business and HR metrics to facilitate business decisions.
- Demonstrates working knowledge of the labor market and its relation to organizational success Consultation
- Leads a team that partners with business unit managers and directors and HR to proactively implement business solutions, utilizing HR expertise and perspective; supports managers on HR projects.
- Coaches managers and directors on HR and business-related issues.
- Ensures solutions are aligned with business unit HR strategy and advocates for solution implementation. Leadership
- Provide overall management and leadership to team of HR and Sr Business Partners
- Ensures team communicates effectively with managers in order to execute programs, policies, and procedures to drive an engaged and performing organizational culture.
- Implements and delivers solutions and interventions that address issues of retention, change management, employee engagement, and leadership development, partnering with subject-matter experts as appropriate
- Ensures team of HR and Sr HR Business Partners provides consistent HR services for the operating entity. HR Insights
- Interprets data and makes recommendations; asks critical questions needed to evaluate data; gathers, analyzes and presents data to managers and recommends solutions that support the culture and the defined HR strategy
- Analyzes root causes of work environment issues; manages interventions and solutions in collaboration and cooperation with key stakeholders.
What you need
B.A. or B.S from accredited university.
Advanced Degree preferred.
10 years work experience and/or previous HR experience at the Sr. Manager level required
Expertise in supporting multiple and ever-changing complex business units in an HR generalist capacity required
Previous demonstrated experience interacting with COE's and business leaders10+ years of increasingly responsible human resources experience preferred
Strong facilitation, consulting, relationship-building, influence, negotiation skills, and project management skills.
Demonstrated business and analytical ability with a proven ability to build relationships and influence different groups
Ability to understand business needs and connect those to human resources strategies and plans for assigned business unit or geography
Demonstrated implementation and execution ability
Capability to interact with individuals at all levels within the organization .
Skilled with change processes in complex systems
Demonstrated conflict resolution skills.
Strong situational assessment and objective evaluation skills.
Advanced written, verbal, and interpersonal communication skills
Stryker reserves the right to change, alter or revise this job description at any time with or without notice. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability or protected veteran status. Stryker is an EO employer – M/F/G/L/Veteran/Disability
Work From Home:
Stryker Corporation is an equal opportunity employer. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, ethnicity, color, religion, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, national origin, disability, or protected veteran status. Stryker is an EO employer – M/F/Veteran/Disability.
Stryker Corporation will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. However, employees who have access to the compensation information of other employees or applicants as a part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of other employees or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise have access to compensation information, unless the disclosure is (a) in response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance of an investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an investigation conducted by the employer, or (c) consistent with the contractor’s legal duty to furnish information.