Technical Administrative Assistant Part- Time (2500-J#2804, 2704)
Management Information Systems (MIS)
Chief Information Officer; Other designated MIS employees
$12.00 (min) to $15.00 (max) per hour; Part-time – 24 hours/week
AFSCME Local 2532
The Part Time Technical Administrative Assistant provides to the MIS Department with light administrative and pre/post operational data entry functions.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES In order to perform this job successfully, the candidate must be able to perform each essential duty and responsibility satisfactorily. Other duties may be assigned.
- Coordinate and/or conduct various departmental administrative tasks.
- Assist with the coordination/maintenance of resources, inventories, training, and other special projects as necessary.
- Serve with "Tier I" support calls for problems and inquiries, resolving those that can easily be handled, and dispatching others into the Help Desk.
- Establish and maintain effective working relationships with co-workers, other City employees, and outside agencies; exhibit professional conduct in assignments and administrative duties.
Either minimal or not applicable
The requirements listed below are representative of the education, knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE
Associates Degree or equivalent years’ experience in in Business, Computer Science, or Information Systems
Skills, Experience, Competencies:
- Two plus (2+) years of hand-on experience in a customer service oriented environment.
- Knowledge of modern office practices and procedures including the utilization of technology to enhance office efficiency and effectiveness.
- Ability to complete small projects under supervision.
- Ability to effectively express, interact with, and communicate technical concepts, ideas and information to management, peers, and a nontechnical audience; must work well in a team environment.
- Ability to read and interpret documents such as application manuals, knowledgebases, and other technical and procedural materials/manuals geared to all levels.
- Ability to multitask, solve practical problems and deal with a variety of situations with limited information.
Ability to interpret a variety of instructions furnished in written, verbal, diagram, or schedule form.
- Familiarity with the following software utilities:
MS Windows MS Office Suite & Tools
Intuit TrackIt! Internet Explorer MUNIS
Please refer to the attached file for the full job description and qualifications