Hilcorp, founded in 1989, is one of the largest privately-held oil and natural gas exploration and production companies in the United States and is the largest oil producer in Louisiana. Headquartered in Houston, TX, Hilcorp has over 1,825 employees in multiple operating areas including the Gulf Coast of Texas and Louisiana, the Northeast United States, Wyoming, New Mexico and Alaska's Cook Inlet and North Slope. Our formula is to grow the company by leveraging our core competencies and operational expertise. Our proficiency in these key areas has resulted in significant growth over the last several years. Hilcorp is consistently acknowledged for its culture, values and ethics. In fact we have been recognized by multiple, local and national, publications as one of the best places in America to work. Hilcorp has also been commended for its unique programs that foster charitable giving by its employees and our emphasis on partnering with the communities in which we operate. We take great pride in our accomplishments and strive to maintain a culture that will allow for continued growth.
Hilcorp Energy is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified individuals will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, age, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, and any other basis protected by law. Individuals with disabilities needing assistance in the recruitment process are encouraged to contact Human Resources directly.
- Develops, maintains and facilitates relationships with local businesses, community leaders, and industry groups.
- Identifies, monitors, and communicates issues that may impact operations.
- Facilitates and coordinates community engagement activities including tours, visits, presentations, and media opportunities within operating areas.
- Ensures an appropriate level of internal and external communications are prepared as needed for issues, crisis or reputation management in the region.
- Communicates accurate and timely information to key audiences and provides proactive support.
- Drafts and distributes press releases, media alerts and other press material. Responds to media requests.
- Develops relationships with key media and/or other regional stakeholders in operational areas.
- Develops charitable investment strategy and maintains relationships with local non-profit organizations which support the company’s social responsibility objectives.
- Identifies and screens donation requests and determines alignment with business’ charitable mission.
- Coordinates with various departments and staff in addressing local/regional concerns in regard to environmental impacts or cultural sensitivities.
- Adheres to the company’s values – integrity, ownership, urgency, alignment and innovation.
- Supports company vision and mission.
- Adheres to established work schedule, attendance standards and is punctual to work and meetings.
- Travel: approximately 25%
- Location: Farmington, New Mexico.
- Other duties as assigned by management.
- Maintains employee confidence and protects operations, including intellectual property, by keeping information confidential.
- Contributes to team efforts by accomplishing related results, as needed.
Three (3) years minimum of experience with proven success in media relations, community affairs and communications.
Experience in the oil and gas industry in a government/public affairs position.
Exceptional written and oral communication skills.
Experience with crisis management, reputation management, and issue-based communications.
Proactively gathers information and communicates it succinctly and quickly to executives, managers and employees.
Demonstrates maturity, confidence, poise and the presence necessary to interface effectively with senior-level executives as well as external constituencies such as media and local government leaders.
Ability to work under pressure while managing priorities and meeting deadlines effectively.
Resourceful problem solver with ability to formulate and execute plans efficiently and effectively.
- Bachelor’s Degree from an accredited four-year university or college.
- Preferred: Advanced degree in business, communications, or related field
Certifications, Licenses, Registrations