To thoroughly clean guestrooms and ensure they are adequately supplied according to established standards to enhance the overall guest experience.
- Clean bathtub, toilet, sink, walls, mirrors, tiles, counters and floor surfaces or guestroom by using cloths, mops, sponges, brushes and/or cleaning agents.
- Dust all furniture, pictures, drawers, window ledges and shelves of guestroom.
- Remove trash from guestroom.
- Replenish amenities, linens and supplies in guestroom and bathroom following established standards.
- Operate a commercial vacuum cleaner by pushing and pulling throughout room and using attachments for corners and baseboards.
- Keep master key on person and secure at all times by using properly and by returning to the housekeeping supervisor at the end of every shift.
- Report status of all rooms cleaned according to guidelines.
- Empty and clean vacuum cleaner when needed.
Follow chemical safety rules and procedures for needles and hazardous materials.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Assist guests in an emergency situation and respond to guest inquiries.
- Assist with quarterly and fall cleaning duties
- Keep maids closets neat and secure.
- Follow company procedures for safety and security.
- Perform additional duties as required.
- Turn in all lost and found items to the Manager.
- Knowledge of common cleaning products and their use.
- Physical ability to walk, stand, stoop, kneel, climb, bend, reach, grasp, carry and lift up to 50 pounds, push or pull cart weighing up to 200 pounds. Visual acuity to ensure detailed cleaning.
- Ability to follow instructions.