- High School Diploma or GED
- Basic Computer Skills
- Driver's License
- Vision Insurance
- Dental Insurance
- Paid Time Off
- Health Insurance
Candidates Must Have A Current MED Badge
The Lab is looking to hire their latest and greatest team member! If you thrive working in a team environment, we want to hear from you!
We are hiring for our second shift. Hours are as follows: 7:00am - 3:30pm
We offer a competitive benefits package which includes: 56 hours paid time off a year, health, dental, vision, and accidental insurance.
Candidates must have a current MED Badge to be considered for this position.
Position Summary :
This position is responsible for sifting through cured batches; separating, weighing, packaging, sealing, labeling and tracking the product precisely and effectively. They are also responsible for the tracking of each batch, making sure that all product is accounted for, packaged appropriately and noted on all forms appropriately and according to company policy and practices, as well as state, local and MED laws and regulations.
Essential Functions :
- Identify retail needs based on store inventory levels and prioritize packaging based their warehouses current cured inventory.
- Breakdown cured batches into multiple different weight increments (1.75 g, 3.5 g, 7 g, etc…) and package them accordingly; adhering to a retail requested 2:1 ratio of 1/8ths to 1/16ths.
- Employee must package product without degrading the quality, weighing it on a state certified scale to an exact weight and placing the product in the bag without damaging it.
- Properly note all packages and increments on the batches Cure Form for reconciliation.
- Employee is responsible for printing labels for each package and adhering them to the bag.
- Employee is required to fill the bags with nitrogen, close them and heat-seal them according to company policy and procedure.
- Employee should be trained and have a basic knowledge of MJ Freeway as it pertains to the department.
- Employee must be able to competently enter strain, batch, package ID, weight increment and quantity information into MJ Freeway purchase orders.
- Pre Pack staff is responsible for delivery of product from OPC to MMC and must be familiar with and follow all security procedures and guidelines.
- Pre Pack staff must prove they are trustworthy, cautious and attentive when delivering product.
- Pre Pack staff must follow the rules, regulations, policies, and procedures in accordance The Clinic Medical Marijuana Center’s mission, vision, goals, and objectives in all areas of their work.
- Employee must show up on time for work every day ready to work.
- Employee must exhibit consistent processing technique, tracking and meeting of production goals.
- Employee must exhibit personal hygiene and follow the health guidelines set forth by The Clinic and the state while processing/packaging patient medicine.
- Pre Pack staff is responsible for clean-up of all processing areas and equipment at the end of every day.
Additional Functions :
- Ability to be flexible and work in various sectors of the department as needed an/or requested by their direct supervisor; this may include but is not limited to, helping grow staff with small tasks, cleaning and/or moving supplies and equipment and/or helping the trim department as needed.
- Must work well with others and be able to adapt quickly to changes in policy, procedure and technique.
- Must exhibit caution and reliability with delivery of product to store in regards to personal safety, as well as product safety.
- Help create a proactive and positive environment; a positive attitude and self-motivation to help produce high quality pre packed medicine for patients, while meeting and/or exceeding personal and/or company goals.
- Be able to work with, help, guide, challenge and motivate other pre pack team members in order to create a cohesive unit.
- Ability to research, evaluate and adapt to new methods, in order to meet or exceed goals, as well as quality of finished product, and useable by-product.
- Employee must be able to adapt to various strains, styles and types of marijuana they are packaging; making quality control decisions as necessary.
- Employee must have basic organizational capabilities, as well as be able to run basic computer tasks.
- Time management; employee must manage their time during work efficiently in order to meet goals while consistently producing quality product.
- Employee must be able to follow basic instructions as well as be able to take constructive criticism from their managers so they can help maintain quality standards and production goals.
Job Specifications :
- Basic knowledge and understanding of marijuana processing; proper technique and handling of finished product so as not to degrade the quality while packaging.
- Basic knowledge of tracking system as it relates to Cure Forms as batches are packed and shipped.
- Basic knowledge of MJ Freeway in regards to store inventory, as well as creating a purchase order and entering all data correctly.
- Understanding and implementation of the techniques, policies, procedures and goals of The Clinic Medical Marijuana Center and affiliates, with an emphasis on continual personal growth and goals.
- Basic knowledge and understanding of local, state and MMED laws and statues; with an emphasis on continual knowledge and understanding.
- Fundamental knowledge, as well as the ability to be taught and guided in areas related to harvesting, drying, trimming and curing; initially focusing curing and packaging with other areas being taught as the employee shows interest while still maintaining their capabilities as a trimmer.
- Skill in analyzing potential problems with a plant or the product being processed/packed; ability to identify problems with batches that may have been over looked and bringing these issues to their managers attention.
- Show self-motivation/innovation and the ability to work well with all members of their staff and the company, as well as with their direct supervisor.
- Ability to listen well and communicate effectively orally and in writing with various audiences, especially with the direct supervisors and other team members.
- Ability to use initiative and independent judgment appropriately while not overstepping chain of command.
- Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with all employees, upper management, and other departments.
- Ability to perform a monotonous task with great efficiency over 8 hour work periods without losing quality or ability to track properly.
Additional Requirements :
- Colorado driver’s license or State ID card
- Must be a minimum of 21 years of age
- Must pass any and all required background checks
- Must be and remain compliant with any and all legal or company regulations for working in the industry
- Must be approved by the MMED to receive a support badge.
- Must have a vehicle registered in the state of Colorado.
- Must be authorized to work in the U.S.
Minimum Education and Experience :
- High School Education or GED graduate; some college or college graduate preferred.
- 1-2 years’ experience processing medical marijuana or other botanicals preferred.
- Previous experience in packaging or tracking shipped/received product.
- Knowledge and/or experience of the retail side of medical marijuana is not required but is helpful because employee will have an understanding of patients wants and needs of final product.
- Equivalent combinations of education and experience may be considered.
Working Conditions :
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to perform grasping, talking, hearing, seeing and repetitive motions.
- PHYSICAL DEMANDS: Must be able to lift, carry and balance up to 40 pounds (100 pounds with assistance), manage stairs (not in all locations), perform all commercially typical cleaning requirements
- Cannabis Lab Environment - strong odors of extracted cannabis and cannabis plants on a consistent basis
The above is not a complete list of all duties and duties can change with or without notice.
Job Type: Full-time
Salary: $12.00 to $12.50 /hour
- Packaging: 1 year (Preferred)
- High school or equivalent (Preferred)