Water Treatment Service Technicians
GURNEY is a regional company that offers innovative water treatment programs for Cooling Towers, Steam Boilers, Process Water Systems, Hydronic Heating and Cooling systems as well as Waste Water Treatment Facilities. We are committed to the highest levels of Customer Service and offer technically superior products and services. Our staff is dedicated to providing our customers with top-notch service! We appreciate our staff and provide them with an encouraging work culture. Experienced Water Treatment Service Technicians are preferred but we will train the right person who has the desire to learn, has experience in a technical capacity, is customer-focused and is driven to succeed.
TWO territories are available:
- Western Massachusetts, Southern Vermont and North-eastern Connecticut*
- Northern Rhode Island/Worcester Metropolitan Area*
Our Service Technicians provide service to established accounts and prospective clients for the purpose of maintaining and growing our customer base. Duties include, but are not limited to:
- Visiting existing accounts to conduct analytical field tests of water samples, providing written documentation of all services and communicating program results to the customer.
- Establishing and maintaining professional relationships with key personnel.
- Troubleshooting technical and site specific program issues and taking corrective actions.
- Pursuing new business opportunities with existing customers and prospective clients.
- Creating Electronic Service Reports for each customer at the time of service, completing and submitting mileage reports weekly and expense reports monthly.
- Performing routine maintenance on chemical feed and control systems and chemical feed pumps (and minor plumbing when needed).
- Successful candidate will be self-motivated.
- Must be able to work with minimal supervision (after training) and have a team-oriented mindset.
- Should have the ability to identify issues, develop practical solutions and communicate these solutions with customers and prospective clients.
- Must have excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Candidate will have working knowledge of fundamental sales and service practices and the use of personal computers, tablets and smart phones.
- Proficient interpersonal skills with people of all organizational levels.
- Optimally will have Two to Five years prior water treatment or HVAC related experience.
- Minimum of an Associate’s Degree in a Technical discipline (Bachelor’s Degree is preferred) OR significant hands-on industry experience.
- Occasional travel outside of service area.
- Employee may be required to drive both short and long distances.
- Employee may be required to sit, stand or walk for long periods of time.
- Employee will routinely lift pails that weigh up to 50 lbs.; Occasionally they will need to be carried up flights of stairs.
- Working areas will include Boiler rooms, Mechanical rooms and Process facilities as well as outdoor locations that may be loud and require safety precautions.
BEME offers a great work environment, competitive compensation and benefits package including medical insurance, paid holidays and vacation, 401K program, opportunities for continued education, training and mileage/expense reimbursement. We are an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Job Type: Full-time
- Water Treatment: 2 years (Preferred)
- relevant: 2 years (Preferred)
- High school or equivalent (Required)
- Health insurance
- Dental insurance
- Vision insurance
- Retirement plan
- Paid time off
- Flexible schedule
- Professional development assistance