Fender Musical Instrument Corporation ("FMIC") is located in Scottsdale, AZ. Our Specialty division of brands consists of Gretsch Guitars, Bigsby®, EVH (Eddie Van Halen) Gear, Jackson and Charvel, and we manufacture and market the guitars and amplifiers that are heard on the music you love, from the Beatles to Slipknot and everything in between. We are currently searching for a talented Media Content Producer to join our Specialty Marketing Communications team.
As a Media Content Producer, you will be directly responsible for all studio product photography across our four brands, as well as shooting lifestyle campaign photography, artist portraits, live concerts, manufacturing processes and events. Advanced lighting skills will be needed to capture stunning photos of our instruments, which offer many reflecting surface challenges. Photography will be used across a wide range of mediums such as print ads, tradeshow graphics, websites, social media, product listings and digital ad banners.
While the emphasis of this role is on photography (studio photography accounting for the majority of work), this position also requires shooting product demo videos, live concerts and interviews with artists and Custom Shop builders. Editing skills are not necessary or requested, but an understanding of lighting, and an ability to operate and troubleshoot both video camera and audio equipment is needed. (training available)
About the Job:
What you Need:
- Ingesting, processing, color correction, organizing, archiving and timely distribution of all contact sheets and media assets
- Oversee our in-house studios and equipment maintenance
- Contribute to campaign efforts and offer overall art direction and creative input such as: finding a location with the right look and feel for a video shoot, booking models, researching design trends or providing innovative ideas to our social media efforts
- Receive full support from the team in terms of providing on-site art direction on shoots as well as project management oversight for production needs, but the individual will also be invited to contribute directly to this process
- Follow established Brand Guidelines in all photo/video capturing
- Create a mood board in support of campaign objectives
- Travel to other sites for guitar production, such as Corona, CA, or for annual trade shows (NAMM)
- Attend a concert or festival on an evening or weekend to shoot an interview or live action shots
- Research latest photography & video techniques
- Research best options for new gear purchases
- Put together a budget for studio design upgrades
- Take care of studio and equipment maintenance
- Image batching, processing & manipulation
- Collect, organize, and maintain digital files
- Contribute to tagline and ad slogans
- Help unpack guitar boxes and move guitars to photo & video studios; polishing and cleaning guitars may be needed
- Consult and coordinate logistics for shoots including booking venues or talent
- Scout potential venues
- Create contact sheets and provide photo selects after each shoot
- This role does involve some travel, working some evenings and weekends, and will involve a need to physically bend to get shots, as well as lifting 40-50 lbs of weight (moving amps, traveling with tripod bags, etc)
About Fender Musical Instruments:
- Bachelor's Degree in photography, videography or media production is preferred
- Over two years of related experience in media content production
- Knowledge and experience with still digital photography – must have experience with reflective products
- Video capturing experience and/or a genuine interest & intent to learn how to manage these duties
- Understanding of pre-media workflow, color calibration and photographic process
- True passion for storytelling through photos and video, positive attitude, must work well with others, take direction as well as offer creative thought leadership when necessary; you will need to have good balance.
- Organized, flexible to shifting priorities, understand the mission and able to make the most within limitations and timelines.
- Advanced Lighting Skills
- A deep and intimate relationship with Adobe Creative Suite (Photoshop, After Effects and Lightroom) that borders on creepy.
- Capture One knowledge
- Concert photography or live action photography experience
- Know how to play guitar? That's also a plus, but certainly not required.
- Passion and love for music.
Fender Musical Instruments Corporation (FMIC) is one of the world's leading musical instrument manufacturers, marketers and distributors, whose portfolio of brands includes Fender®, Squier®, Gretsch®, Jackson®, EVH®, Charvel® and Groove Tubes®, among others. For more information, visit www.fender.com ( http://www.fender.com/ ). FMIC offers a competitive benefits package which includes medical, dental, 401(k), paid time off, and an equipment purchase program to help you get the band back together. Fender Musical Instruments Corporation is an equal opportunity employer and considers qualified applicants for employment without regard to race, gender, age, color, religion, disability, veterans' status, sexual orientation, or any other protected factor.