We are seeking a hands-on senior designer to be an integral member of the product team here at Collage. We want you to push design forward at every level, from understanding and helping to address particular customer needs, to establishing high level design standards. Join us as we create software that helps customers design and purchase custom products with ease. You'll be part of a fast-moving team that is passionate about building a great product, and is constantly challenging themselves to improve.
What You'll Be Doing
- Work closely with PMs to develop a deep understanding of customer problems and needs, and related business opportunities
- Create and share design concepts and prototypes that address these problems and opportunities, taking ideas and fairly considering feedback from across the team
- Iterate rapidly on design concepts and prototypes, driving the research and tooling required for excellence in this area
- Advise and give feedback on visual design
- Research competitors and other relevant tools and workflows
- Conduct user tests and user interviews
- Proactively obtain or request relevant quantitative information from surveys and analytics
- Produce materials for the product team and stakeholders, including wireframes, prototypes, walkthroughs, as well as production-quality mockups and assets for delivery
- Communicate effectively about design choices with PMs, engineers, and stakeholders
- Support the efficient operation of the product team through open and proactive communication about expected design work timelines and dependencies
- Effectively give and take feedback about both work product and processes
- Establish and push for product-wide design standards and consistent use of design patterns
- Evangelize principles of good design across the team as well as with stakeholders
- Mentor and support the two other designers on our team, helping them grow and do their best work.
- 5+ years experience UX research / usability testing
- 5+ years experience in interaction design and prototyping
- Proficient in visual design
- Strong skills in relevant design and prototyping tools, such as Sketch, InVision, Photoshop, etc.
- Strong communication and presentation skills
- Strong ability to maintain good relationships with a variety of stakeholders across the company
- Strong ability to define and make continuous progress on initially ambiguous, open-ended assignments
- Strong ability to synthesize information from multiple sources to produce effective solutions
- Strong ability to work effectively and collaboratively in complex problem spaces with multiple tradeoffs, and under uncertainty
- Experience mentoring other designers
Competitive salary, Vanguard 401k, Blue Cross health (PPO)/dental/vision coverage, stock options, and performance-based bonus.
Collage.com is a technology company that makes custom products easy for everyone. We strive to deliver the best customer experience with great software and excellent service. We sell an expanding variety of photo and home products, including photo blankets, photo books, canvases, pillows, and more. Our company has been featured on the TODAY Show ( http://blog.collage.com/2013/10/25/total-request-collage-blanket-for-carson-daly/ ), The View ( http://blog.collage.com/2015/10/05/collage-com-on-abcs-the-view/ ), and Good Morning America ( http://blog.collage.com/2015/08/06/collage-com-on-good-morning-america-with-up-to-76-off-gallery-wrap-canvases/ ) many times. We are a bootstrapped company with about 40 employees. We are seeking ambitious, nice individuals to join us in our quest to make custom photo products that make people really happy. Learn more about working at Collage.com ( https://www.collage.com/about ).
Collage.com is a 100% remote company ( https://remote.co/company/collage-com/ ), with employees working together in states across the country. Our remote work culture was profiled in a case study by the Harvard Business School ( http://www.hbs.edu/faculty/Pages/item.aspx?num=51578 ) (we are the first all-remote company they profiled). The entire company meets together in person twice a year in Michigan (all expenses paid) to get to know each other and work on strategy. Learn more in an op-ed our co-founder Kevin Borders wrote for MLive.com. ( http://www.mlive.com/opinion/index.ssf/2015/08/perks_schmerks_the_one_thing_t.html )
Benefits and Perks
- We promote a healthy work-life balance ( http://www.mlive.com/opinion/index.ssf/2015/08/perks_schmerks_the_one_thing_t.html ).
- Collage.com pays 100% of the premium for full health, vision and dental insurance coverage for you and your family in a high-quality Blue Cross Blue Shield PPO plan
- Completely flexible day-to-day schedule (availability for meetings is the only requirement)
- Very flexible vacation policy (take time off when you want, no vacation day tracking)
- We'll pay for any equipment (within reason) that will help you work
- Paid travel to conferences and meetings
- Home Internet reimbursement
- $3,000 / year in free Collage.com products, and employee discount for friends and family