Katerra is a technology company transforming property development, design, and construction—from start to finish. We are building an entirely new kind of company that brings together expertise in design, technology, material sourcing, manufacturing, and construction as a single integrated offering.
With this unique approach, we have the opportunity to design and build beyond compromise. Beautiful, efficient, sustainable–we can do it all. The era of design concessions is over.
At Katerra, we lead from every seat. Our ideal team members are self-starters that embrace ambiguity, think big, and bring their own uncompromising standards of excellence.
One of Katerra's cultural principles is Diversity. We believe different backgrounds, ideas, and skillsets result in better outcomes. Katerra does not discriminate in employment based on race, color, creed, national origin, ancestry, sex, marital status, disability, religious or political affiliation, age, sexual orientation, or gender identity. Katerra encourages people of all backgrounds to apply, including people of color, immigrants, refugees, women, LGBTQIA, people with disabilities, veterans and those with diverse life experiences.
Construction management position requiring a high degree of independent decision making and professionalism. Within the authority limits delegated by the Director of Construction, is expected to be capable of assuming complete responsibility of all project management functions. Makes decisions and recommendations that have a major impact on client relations, profitability, and the future of Katerra Affordable Housing (KAH).
Essential Duties & Responsibilities
- Represents KAH when meeting with potential clients, detailing KAH's renovation capabilities in connection with business development efforts.
- Performs all functions inherent in management and supervisory positions through budgeting, directing, planning, organizing and coordinating. Responsible for overall project planning and scheduling, resource identification and allocation, project accounting, and control, while providing technical direction and ensuring compliance with quality standards & safety.
- Develops and maintains client liaison for active projects, and acts in an advisory capacity to current clients, maintaining close liaison by conferring on existing and/or potential new projects. Serve as a key link with clients and review deliverables prepared by the team before passing onto client to ensure best possible construction services possible.
- Responsible for the quality of service provided by the organization in their relationship with other divisions, corporate organization, client representatives, subcontractors and vendors.
- Responsible for managing code compliance, liability, safety and risk for all division construction operations. Obtain all necessary permits and licenses. Develop specific goals and plans to prioritize, organize, and accomplish the work.
- Responsible for ensuring coordination with project controls to develop cost estimates, quantity takeoffs, and manpower requirements for proposals, forecasts, and change orders. Identify the elements of project design and construction likely to give rise to disputes and claims. Responsible for project buy out and overall profitability of assigned projects.
- Responsible for ensuring proper project status and accounting by maintaining strict adherence to the budgetary guidelines. Including: managing the budget, tracking team expenses, minimizing exposure and risk in the project and ensure accurate financial reports are provided on all projects. Meet with President and Team weekly to review project statuses. Provide regular project forecast, report card, billing and job cost projections.
- Responsible for the proper execution of companywide paperwork. Paperwork including but not limited to; RFIs, CORs, Budgets, Estimates, Safety Program, Submittals, Schedules, Warranty Issues, Sage, Close Out Books, Project Permitting, Applicable Legal Documents, Forecasts, Buy Out, and Due Diligence.
- Responsible for assigned project's execution of contract management including but not limited to; Prequalification Forms, Compliance, Insurance Tracking, Lien Waivers, Licensing, Safety, and Warranty Program for all vendors and subcontractors. Prepare contracts and negotiate revisions, changes and additions to contractual agreements with architects, consultants, clients, suppliers and subcontractors.
- Responsible for the appearance of all jobsites and jobsite offices. Make periodic inspection of construction sites. Inspect and review projects to monitor compliance with building and safety codes, and other regulations. Investigate damage, accidents, or delays at construction sites, to ensure that proper procedures are being carried out. Inspect equipment, structures, or materials to identify the cause of errors or other problems or defects.
- Work with President and Director of Construction to evaluate new projects, perform due diligence, and perform estimating activities.
- Responsible for managing the liability and risk of all construction operations throughout the assigned projects overseeing the project from start to finish. Bringing about optimum utilization of resources, Direct and supervise workers, labor, materials and equipment, and ensuring their procurement at most cost-effective terms.
- Work with Director of Construction to assure we have selected the correct subcontractors, charting out the project objectives and plans, setting performance requirements, creating teams, develop the objectives/goals of each and assign individual responsibilities to assure that KAH is protected from understaffing and accurate scheduling.
- Interpret and explain plans and contract terms to administrative staff, workers, and clients, representing the owner.
- Ensure that events, programs, and activities, as well as the work of others are scheduled in logical steps. Budget time required to meet deadlines and move according to a predetermined schedule on a day to day Basis. Make adjustments and updates as necessary to achieve or shorten the schedule that was set forth prior to the start of the project to see that the project meets the required owner dates.
- Responsible for managing existing construction practices/efficiencies by observing, receiving, and otherwise obtaining information from all relevant sources and creating new efficiencies and best practices while executing various operations through proper coordination. Keeping up-to-date technically and apply new knowledge to the job.
- Responsible for managing all assigned project pay draw applications. Monitor the progress of the construction activities on a regular basis and hold regular status meetings with all the sub-teams.
- Responsible for working with Director of Construction to assure all permits, code compliance, and legal documents are completed and signed.
- Manage the efforts of all parties involved in the project, which include the architects, consultants, contractors, sub-contractors, suppliers and determine labor requirements. Select, contract, and oversee workers who complete specific pieces of the project. Communicate effectively with all parties responsible for completing various phases of the project. Persuade others to change their minds or behavior.
- Development of effective communications and mechanisms for resolving conflicts among the various internal and external clients. Responsible for all problem solving relating to the day to day jobsite issues. Adjust actions in relation to others' actions.
- Requisition supplies and materials to complete projects. Determine the kind of tools and equipment needed to do a job.
- Responsible for working along with clients, architects, property management, and bank inspectors to ensure all standards are being met.
- Study job specifications to determine appropriate construction methods. Responsible for all subcontractor scopes of work and subcontractor contract management. Devise the project work plans and make revisions as and when need arises. Evaluate construction methods and determine cost-effectiveness of plans.
Skills and Special Requirements/Licensing:
- Perform assignments independently with instruction as to the general results expected, and with guidance from the Senior Project manager. Manage one's own time and the time of others.
- Interact and negotiate with top-level managers of Client Communicate with people outside the organization, representing the organization to customers, the public, government, and other external sources. Encourage and build mutual trust, respect, and cooperation among team members.
- Prepare and submit budget estimates, project progress and cost tracking reports. Monitor and control resources and overseeing the spending of money.
- Extensive and independent contact with Clients, vendor's representatives and project field Handle complaints, settling disputes, and resolve grievances and conflicts, or otherwise negotiating with others.
- Maintain regular contact with all assigned project Clients, including development of personal relationships, and strive to keep Client satisfaction at high
- Develop a quality relationship with assigned Clients and analyze Client circumstances for new business Assess the value, importance, or quality of things or people.
- Responsible for planning, scheduling, conducting and coordinating the technical and management aspects on projects while getting members of a group to work together to accomplish required tasks.
- Negotiate labor Estimate sizes, distances, and quantities; or determining time, costs, resources, or materials needed to perform a work activity. Identify the underlying principles, reasons, or facts of information by breaking down information or data into separate parts.
- Develop construction bid documents and negotiate contracts with contractors, subcontractors, and
- Develop and implement quality control programs.
- Identify information by categorizing, estimating, recognizing differences or similarities, and detecting changes in circumstances or events. Determine causes of operating errors and deciding what to do about it.
- Use relevant information and individual judgment to determine whether events or processes comply with laws, regulations, or standards. Understand the implications of new information for both current and future problem-solving and decision-making.
- Ensure effective communication and coordination on projects between all disciplines and parties. Perform for people and dealing directly with the public. Give full attention to what other people are saying, taking time to understand the points being made, asking questions as appropriate, and not interrupting at inappropriate times. Take actions to deal with the results of delays, bad weather, or emergencies at construction site.
- Resolve disputes and conflicts related to projects and Confer with supervisory personnel, owners, contractors, and design professionals to discuss and resolve matters such as work procedures, complaints, Translate or explain what information means and how it can be used in construction problems.
- Demonstrate an expertise relative to constructability as applied to construction methods and materials, and the economics Analyze information and evaluate results to choose the best solution and solve problems. Use logic and reasoning to identify the strengths and weaknesses of alternative solutions, conclusions or approaches to problems always considering the relative costs and benefits of potential actions to choose the most appropriate one.
- Direct and/or participate in jobsite visits, Client meetings, and Monitor/Assess performance of other individuals, or organizations to make improvements or take corrective action.
- Develop, design, or create new applications, ideas, relationships, systems, or products, including artistic contributions. Identify complex problems and review related information to develop and evaluate options and implement solutions.
- Keep Director of Construction informed of all circumstances that could affect projects or Monitor and review information from materials, events, or the environment, to detect or assess problems.
- Establish long-range objectives and specify the strategies and actions to achieve them.
Work Environment and Physical Demands:
- OSHA safety
- High school diploma or equivalent.
- Experience in working with occupied renovation
- Excellent computer skills in Microsoft Suite (Excel, Word, Project, Outlook), Timberline (or equal), Sage, and AIA. Perform mathematics to solve problems. Communicate effectively in writing. Use critical thinking.
NOTICE TO THIRD PARTY AGENCIES:
- The characteristics described below are representative of those encountered while performing the essential functions of this Reasonable accommodations will be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- While performing duties of this job, would occasionally be required to stand, walk, sit, reach with hands and arms, climb or balance, stoop or kneel, talk and hear, and use fingers and hands to feel objects, tools or
- Must occasionally lift and/or move up to 50
- Hours may be flexible as workload's This may include weekdays, weekends and/or holidays.
- Position will generally be performed in an office environment, but will require travel to Client's office's, potential projects, and construction Conditions/Locations will vary but the conditions listed above will generally apply.
Please note that KATERRA does not accept unsolicited resumes from recruiters or employment agencies. In the absence of a signed Recruitment Fee Agreement, KATERRA will not consider or agree to payment of any referral compensation or recruiter fee. In the event a recruiter or agency submits a resume or candidate without a previously signed agreement, KATERRA explicitly reserves the right to pursue and hire those candidate(s) without any financial obligation to the recruiter or agency. Any unsolicited resumes, including those submitted to hiring managers, are deemed to be the property of KATERRA.