*The warehouse/receiving supervisor plans, organizes and monitors the receiving, storage and distribution of all items received from suppliers, ensuring a smooth and consistent operation so parts and supplies are located and distributed to proper departments in an effective and efficient manner as needed to satisfy internal customer requirements. The position oversees the receiving, storage and distribution of production and service parts materials; and supervises associates on first shift.
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Maintains a personnel structure and staffing level to accomplish the warehouse and receiving mission in an effective and efficient manner. Interviews and recommends applicants for hire as warehouse and receiving associates.
- Plans and coordinates work, trains and motivates, monitors and evaluates performance of warehouse and receiving associates; ensures their ability to safely operate material handling equipment to move materials to and from storage configurations; counsels, records and disciplines as necessary.
- Maintains an equipment structure and level to accomplish the warehouse and receiving mission in a safe, effective manner. Provides appropriate equipment and racking to ensure the safe transport and storage of all materials.
- Monitors the unloading of all materials into the receiving department; ensures materials are staged for counting and inspection; ensures receiving reports accurately report material received. Resolves discrepancies with purchasing regarding invoices, packing slips, and receiver reports. Monitors the flow of paperwork from receiving to inventory control for timely data entry. Oversees the movement of material from receiving to the warehouse in an efficient, effective and safe manner.
- Oversees the supplying of materials to fabrication and stages material for assembly and sub-assembly. Ensures materials are stored properly to conserve space and comply with safety procedures. Oversees the rotation of inventories within the warehouse.
- Monitors and measures receiving and warehouse performance for accuracy of locator, receiving reporting, movement and storage of material, and transfers to service parts.
- Develops and recommends annual budget requirements for the warehouse and receiving department. Anticipates and requests funding for future personnel requirements. Anticipates and requests funding for future material handling equipment.
- Technical Capacity.
- Learning Orientation.
- Performance Management.
- Communication Proficiency.
- Teamwork Orientation.
- Ethical Conduct.
- Financial Management.
This position manages all employees of the department and is responsible for the performance management and hiring of the employees within that department.
This job operates in an office environment in the Stock Room. This role routinely uses standard office equipment such as computers, phones, photocopiers, filing cabinets and fax machines.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
This is largely a sedentary role; however, some filing is required. This would require the ability to lift files, open filing cabinets and bending or standing as necessary. This position requires the ability to occasionally lift office products and supplies, up to 20 pounds.
Required Education and Experience
- B.S. or B.A. degree in business management, industrial management or related field; 3 to 5 years of experience in warehousing, receiving, inventory control or materials management in a manufacturing environment, with 2 years of supervisory experience.
Preferred Education and Experience
- Knowledge of bar code technology and electronic data interchange.
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice.
Job Type: Full-time
- Relevant: 5 years (Preferred)
- Supervisory: 2 years (Required)
- Lean Manufacturing: 1 year (Preferred)
- Shipping And Receiving Leadership: 3 years (Required)
- High school or equivalent (Required)
- Paid time off
- Health insurance
- Dental insurance
- Healthcare spending or reimbursement accounts such as HSAs or FSAs
- Other types of insurance
- Retirement benefits or accounts
- Education assistance or tuition reimbursement
Employees working per shift: