The overall responsibility of the production buyer is to coordinate all inventory and procurement. This position will have responsibility to find potential suppliers, negotiate prices and terms, and make agreements or contracts for purchases, getting the best price possible for goods that meet the quality standards and parameters of the organization, that includes raw materials, supplies, Consignment, MRO and materials movements inter plants and inventory.
- Review MRP report, verify the demand and place orders.
- Review Consignment replenishment report and take proper actions in timely fashion.
- Confirm all purchase orders and update MRP system in timely manner.
- Review supplier quotes, get new quotes and update all expired quotes in the ERP system.
- Review past due purchase order follow up with supplier and be pro-active to follow up with suppliers to avoid late deliveries.
- Work with quoting, customer support, production and receiving department on daily based to close any open actions.
- Review materials usage, forecast and act as required to meet customer demand.
- Negotiate best prices available and select primary suppliers based on best price, quality and service.
- Maintain Supplier survey questioners and performance records.
- Follow up and close all quality issues and open SCAR with suppliers.
- Responsible to maintain ERP System lead times and quotes.
- Resolve all receiving and invoice discrepancies as needed in timely manner.
- Able to read Fabrication drawings and communicate with suppliers effectively.
- Verify manual requisitions and place as required per request for nonstandard material other MRO and services.
- Responsible to maintain optimum level of inventory and ensure no disruptions in production flow.
- Consolidate Supplier base to promote vendor alliance and best business relationship.
- Must review all Contracts, agreements, NCNR docs, VMI and verbal agreements with purchasing manager for approval.
- Associates degree in Management or equivalent
- Minimum of 10 years in Purchasing, required contract manufacturing experience, preferred fabricated material sourcing.
- Strong working knowledge of the Harness industry (wire cable and connectors)
- Excellent Analytical and interpersonal communication skills.
- Strong knowledge of Epicor or other ERP systems and MS office, proficient in Excel. (pivot tables and macros)
- Preferred APICs certification.
- Typically, work will be performed in a climate-controlled manufacturing environment with occasional travel to customer and vendor facilities required.
- Close proximity with co-workers
- Intermittent exposure to distracting noises from tooling and equipment.
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee will have occasional transitions from sitting to standing and require considerable use of hands in repetitive motions to handle and control objects and tools.
- Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, peripheral vision, and depth perception.
- Typical work week is 40-50 hours.
Due to the growing demands of Compass Components Inc., this position may be required to participate in other tasks outside of the general scope of the job description outlined above. Compass is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Job Type: Full-time
- relevant: 1 year (Preferred)
- Purchasing: 1 year (Preferred)
- Buyer/Planner: 1 year (Preferred)
- Health insurance
- Dental insurance
- Vision insurance
- Retirement plan
- Paid time off