The New York County District Attorney's Office (DANY) has an opening for a Paralegal in its Case Management Services Unit. In this position, the Paralegal is responsible for providing time sensitive clerical support to Assistant District Attorneys (ADAs) in DANY's Trial Division and Case Management Services Unit.
Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Work in court, processing and distributing court notes.
- Assist ADAs in court part and court staff as needed.
- Utilize the Court Event Entry Program (CEE) to update internal case tracking system with real time court adjournments, pleas, defense attorney changes, and sentencing information.
- Work with ADAs to ensure timely submission of court notes.
- Review ADA notes to confirm case status and inform assigned ADAs when case is set to be called when needed.
- Assist standing ADAs with additional information on cases as needed.
- Use court calendar to label/number cases from each bureau and put them in numerical order.
- Complete documents when needed to be filed with court.
- Prepare, maintain and submit return court notes for scanning.
- Prepare and maintain routine court related reports.
- Check documents for accuracy of information and conformity with established policy.
- Perform clerical and related tasks within the court and unit.
- Perform related tasks as assigned by supervisor.
- Proficient in Microsoft Word, Excel, and Access.
- Ability to update and edit existing proprietary databases.
- Ability to work with frequent interruptions and adapt to changes in workflow.
- Ability to follow directions and apply proper policies, procedures, and guidelines.
- Strong attention to detail and high concern for data accuracy.
- Must be able to perform under pressure in a fast-paced environment; detail oriented and self-motivated and able to multi-task.
- Ability to interact with all levels of staff, law enforcement representatives, and outside visitors.
- Previous clerical experience preferred.
- Bachelor's degree required.
- Ability to work overtime on short notice.
- One (1) year commitment to hiring bureau.
The New York County District Attorney's Office is an Equal Opportunity Employer