7p-7a - Rotating Weekends/Holidays
Texas Health Harris Methodist Hospital Fort Worth, a Magnet facility, is currently in search of an RN Orthopedic Nurse to help meet the needs of our patients. Our 25 bed Orthopedic unit is a cohesive team environment that improves the quality of care for patients with joint replacement but may include ortho procedures with a variety of concurrent medical issues such as CHF, COPD, asthma, diabetes, renal failure. This is the dept where the most effective improvements of patients is seen.
Why Texas Health Resources?
Our facilities are located across the greater Dallas – Ft. Worth area with a centrally located corporate office in Arlington, TX. We are one of the largest faith-based, nonprofit health care delivery systems in the US that has the resources to offer a variety of career growth and professional development opportunities with equally remarkable benefits. Join our award-winning Texas Health family and contribute to our mission “to improve the health of the people in the communities we serve”. A few recent accomplishments we achieved include:
- 2018 FORTUNE Magazine’s “100 Best Companies to Work For®” 4 years in a Row
- 2015 “Healthiest Employer in North Texas” by Dallas Business Journal and 2015 Fortune “100 Best Workplaces for Millennials”
- Ranked #1 on the Fortune’s 2015 and 2016 “20 Best Workplaces in Health Care” and #2 on the nation's 50 Best Workplaces for Diversity for 2015 by Great Place to Work®
- 2015 and 2016 Platinum-level recognition from the American Heart Association (AHA) for being a “Fit-Friendly Worksite”
- 2015 Great Place to Work® and Fortune list of “50 Best Workplaces for Camaraderie”
- 2016 Becker's Healthcare’s "150 Great Places to Work in Healthcare"
- Named by Hospital & Health Networks magazine as one of the nation’s 2016 “Most Wired” health care systems for the 16th time in 18 years
- Ranked #1 on 2016 “100 Best Workplaces for Women list” by Great Place to Work®
- Platinum-level recognition in the 2016 Best Employers for Healthy Lifestyles® awards, sponsored by the National Business Group on Health (eighth year to appear on the list but is our first time to receive the Platinum award)
- Stage 7 Revalidation~ Texas Health Resources recently earned revalidation recognition for the premier award for electronic health record (EHR) adoption
Texas Health provides an environment for optimal success and we pride ourselves on providing eligible employees with a variety of great benefits which include:
- Matching 401 (K) plan, Flex Spending Accounts and a Credit Union
- Tuition reimbursement
- Wellness and Career Development Programs and Adoption Assistance
- Competitive compensation packages / Relocation Coach
- Medical, dental and vision insurance for eligible employees
- Life, AD&D and Long Term Care Insurance and Disability Coverage
- On-site Child Care and Fitness Centers (at select locations)
- Company Volunteer days
- Nursing Career Ladder and much more
- Graduate of a NLN (National League of Nursing) or CCNE (Commission on Collegiate Nursing Education) accredited nursing programs.
- BSN Preferred.
- RNs hired after January, 2014, require completion of BSN within 3 years of start date. RNs hired within THR after December, 2016, require completion of BSN within 2 years of start date.
- One year experience as a clinical nurse, or completion of an RN residency program
- Current RN experience in med/surg or rehab preferred
- Current RN licensure or compact licensure recognized by the Texas Board of Nursing upon hire.
- Ortho certification within 2 years of hire.
- Current AHA BLS upon hire.
- CPI within 60 days of hire.
- A high degree of confidentiality, positive interpersonal skills, and ability to function in a fast-paced environment.
- Practices within the regulations of the Texas Nurse Practice Act. Serves as a role model, intra/interdisciplinary collaborator and coordinator for quality patient care.
Delivers care to patients utilizing the Nursing Process
- assesses the patient
- plans the care of the patient
- intervenes as appropriate
- evaluates the effectiveness of interventions
- Incorporates age specific safety/infection control measures into patient care.
- Initiates action to meet patient and/or significant others need for information
- Maintains continuity of patient care inter-shift, inter-hospital, and while expediting out of hospital transfers
- Maintains professional accountability
- Maintains and enhances nursing skills
- Adapts to changes in workload assignment functioning as Resource/Charge Nurse as needed
Texas Health Harris Methodist Hospital Fort Worth is a 726-bed, Magnet-designated regional referral center that has served the residents of Tarrant County and surroundings communities since 1930. Hospital services include cardiovascular care, high-risk obstetrics, gynecology, orthopedics and sports medicine, neonatal intensive care, and trauma/emergency medicine. In early 2014, Texas Health Fort Worth will be opening a new 75,000 square foot Emergency Services Center, one of the largest in the region. Texas Health Fort Worth has more than 4,000 employees, 200 volunteers and nearly 1,000 physicians on its medical staff. Texas Health Fort Worth recently received national recognition for its oncology program and was named “Best Place to Have a Baby” in Tarrant County. The hospital is also a designated Cycle III Chest Pain Center by the Society of Chest Pain Centers We invite you to join us in furthering your career and our accomplishments and philosophy of excellence.
Medical, Surgical, “Fort Worth”, DFW “acute care setting”,“Registered Nurse” Baylor, HCA, Plaza, “veteran nurse”, “military nurse”, “dd214”, “honorable discharge”, ”“supervisory”, “charge nurse”, “medical surgical nursing”, “med surg”, “critical care”, trauma, orthopedic, rehab
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and do not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment because of race, color, sex, age, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, status as a veteran, and basis of disability or any other federal, state or local protected class.