Some Spider Studios is a fast-growing media & entertainment company backed by top VC's and serial entrepreneurs Marc Lore and Vinit Bharara. Marc and Vinit previously co-founded Diapers.com and sold it to Amazon. Marc more recently founded Jet.com and sold it to Walmart, where he is CEO of Walmart.com.
We're currently home to three channels:
Scary Mommy (largest brand for moms brand online); CAFE (led by popular national figure Preet Bharara, host of chart-topping pod "Stay Tuned"); and The Dad (fastest growing brand for dads) – all built for mobile, social and streaming.
Coming off our latest funding round, we are now accelerating hiring and looking for exceptional talent who will join us on our mission to build iconic multimedia brands that lead their space.
Some Spider is looking for an Office Effectiveness Assistant to help keep our office running smoothly! If you love walking the organization of the container store, get enjoyment out of celebrating weird national holidays, and have a knack for solving problems, this might be the perfect role for you. With Some Spider growing a lot in the coming months, we need a high energy Office Effectiveness Assistant to help take the office and culture to the next level.
- Greet guests upon arrival and assist them with appointments, order pickups, deliveries, and other needs during their visit
- Help facilitate the process and sit as first point of contact for in-office casting calls, interviews, and meetings
- Ensure that reception area and viewable public areas stay orderly and presentable
- Handle all incoming and outgoing mail
- Maintain office supply inventory
- Manage office food orders from office snacks and coffee to weekly catered meals
- Assist in planning and execution of company-wide employee engagement initiatives such as meetings, events, pop-up projects, etc
- Assist with tasks relating to planning and executing employee on-boarding
- Manage office/facility related vendor relationships
- Make travel arrangements and coordinate calendars for occasional non-local candidate interviews
- Assist in additional company projects on an as-needed basis
- Must be proactive and have a good sense of responsibility
- Well organized, ability to multitask & prioritize
- Strong ability to think outside of the box to solve problems
- Good communication and interpersonal skills
- Strong attention to detail and follow-up
- Good written and verbal English
- Excellent computer skills (Microsoft office, e.g. Word, Excel and PowerPoint)
- Must be able to work 9:00 AM to 5:00 PM