We are seeking a proactive, resourceful, and detail-oriented professional to provide administrative support to the Executive Director and serve as liaison to the Park District Board. The position oversees a small team of administrative support staff and must exercise independent judgment with prioritization of work and handle confidential material. Position is scheduled for Monday – Friday with some evening duties.
Associates degree or the completion of two (2) years of college with coursework in the area of Business Administration including or supplemented by seven (7) years of administrative experience with a minimum of 1 year of supporting executive-level staff. Thorough knowledge and previous responsibility for Board Meeting agenda preparation. Ability to independently complete research work and write professional-level correspondence. Proficient in MS Office to include Word, Excel, Outlook, and PowerPoint. Experience in Recreation/Municipal government preferred.
Duties include, but not limited to,
- Provides administrative support to the Executive Director and serves as liaison to the Board of Commissioners.
- Prepares agendas, notices and minutes for Board meetings; collects all materials to be presented to the Board prior to meetings; coordinates meeting set-up and clean-up; attends all Board
and Committee meetings.
- Attends all Senior Leadership Team meetings.
- Provides assistance to Divisional Directors with specific projects as well as oversees District-wide projects and strategic initiatives.
- Foundation implementation work.
- Acts as the District Freedom of Information Act (FOIA) Officer and Open Meetings Act (OMA) designee.
- Performs research work and compiles information for Executive Director, Board, Park District Attorney, and Division Directors.
- Coordinates training and travel bookings for staff as directed.
- Oversees District records management process.
- Timely and professional preparation of inquiries, letter, reports, forms and District correspondence.
- General administrative duties to include schedule management, meeting preparation set-up and takedown logistics, filing, mailings, photocopying, faxing, binding books, etc.
See attached position description for more details on the duties, responsibilities, and requirements of the position.
Submit an application, along with a resume and cover letter.
No phone calls please.
Admin_Executive Administrative Assistant.pdf
Email To A Friend