Salary Range: $120,000 to $140,000
Location: Chicago, IL Contract Type: Direct Placement
Start Date: 6/1/2020
Title: Solution Architect
The ideal candidate will have demonstrated experience working in technical consulting or professional services, ideally in a similar Solution Architect function in a B2B SaaS product. As a Solution Architect, you will have the technical background to know how to leverage the platform’s core capabilities in achieving a customer’s business needs — and when to extend it with custom solutions. You’ll become an expert of
APIs and front-end development platform and become adept at instinctively seeing the correct path to a scalable, performant product solution built atop these interfaces. You have the product skills to identify customer business problems and have the interpersonal skills to work with the customer on the right solution. Among the team, you will be the expert at knowing our clients’ implementations and can explain the complexities of their architecture. As part of your previous work, you should also have a demonstrated ability to think strategically about business, product, and technical challenges as you help our customers take advantage of the efficiencies, cost savings and quick innovation available only in a cloud-hosted CMS.
Finally, you should be curious and thrive in a fast-paced start-up environment.
The Solution Architect is part of our Professional Services organization and will work closely with the engineers within the Professional Services team and the Account Management, Platform Engineering and
Product Management groups.
- Coordinate and participate in pre-sales and post-sales processes such as solution design, SOW drafting, software development towards proof of concepts, technical design during implementation, technical training, and more.
- Understand customer business requirements and translate them into a well-designed software and integration architectures.
- Conduct reviews of our customer's codebases for code quality and adherence to best practices, assess the performance of the frontend code and create recommendations for remediation.
- Aid the Professional Services project teams and customer teams in designing and developing solutions that enable rapid adoption of the platform, and digital transformation of their business processes.
- Maintain consultative relationships with clients by providing support, information, and guidance as well as research and recommend new solutions and services.
- Mentor junior Professional Services engineers on solving complex engineering challenges and on the customer-facing skills needed in a growing professional services team.
- Work with the Product Development team to identify customers with specific use cases or product needs, based on your knowledge of their architecture and product usage.
- Improve the digital publishing platform with useful documentation, training, and re-usable code.
Travel as needed US domestically or internationally, but not more than 10% expected. Experience creating code to client's personalized needs and requirements.
- Ability to work effectively in a collaborative environment to create top-performing interfaces
- BA/BS in Computer Science or related technical field or equivalent practical experience. 5+ years of experience in a post-sales client-facing technical consulting capacity.
- 8+ years of experience building highly scalable customer-facing applications. Proficiency with
- Proficiency in at least one back-end programming language. Familiarity with continuous- integration tools and patterns.
- Experience with databases and event processing systems.
- Ability to learn new technologies quickly.
- Experience building high-traffic public websites.
- Experience with data migration and systems integration projects.
- Experience building web applications on AWS or another cloud platform.
- Experience analyzing website performance.
Job Types: Full-time, Contract
Pay: $100,000.00 - $150,000.00 per year
Full Time Opportunity:
This Job Is Ideal for Someone Who Is:
- People-oriented -- enjoys interacting with people and working on group projects
- Adaptable/flexible -- enjoys doing work that requires frequent shifts in direction
- Detail-oriented -- would rather focus on the details of work than the bigger picture
- Achievement-oriented -- enjoys taking on challenges, even if they might fail
- Autonomous/Independent -- enjoys working with little direction
- Innovative -- prefers working in unconventional ways or on tasks that require creativity
- Monday to Friday
- No weekends
- Only full-time employees eligible