Responsible for the general integrity of AASLD and AASLD Foundation accounts payable data including the accurate recording of vendor payments into the accounting system. The Junior Accountant is responsible for maintaining assigned general ledger accounting schedules for month-end, quarterly, and year-end. The position supports the advancement of AASLD's growth and mission investment via the optimization of its financial assets. This position reports to the Senior Staff Accountant.
· Perform AASLD and AASLD Foundation full cycle accounts payable activity in the account payable system with accuracy including reviewing invoices and expense reports for appropriate documentation and management authorization.
· Create AASLD and AASLD Foundation new vendor records.
· Review and process expenses in Nexonia expense reimbursement software.
· Maintain AASLD and AASLD Foundation accounts payable and vendors files.
· Verify the integrity of general ledger account codes for AASLD and AASLD Foundation accounts payable vouchers.
· Review and maintain executed contracts for AASLD and AASLD Foundation
· Participate in weekly payment review discussions with Assistant Controller and Senior Staff Accountant
· Responsible for accurately maintaining and filing completed vendor W-9 forms.
· Research and resolve vendor payment inquiries as requested.
· Prepare, reconcile, and process Form 1099/1096 annual filing.
· Train staff (as needed) to properly use account payable software (Bill.com & Nexonia)
· Prepare and support by assisting with monthly credit card documentation for CEO and VP of Finance
· Prepare AASLD & AASLD Foundation journal entries for assigned general ledger accounts
· Assist in preparation of AASLD and AASLD Foundation year-end audit and income tax returns
· Maintain and update AASLD & AASLD Foundation travel expense reports as necessary.
· Reconcile assigned general ledger schedules monthly
Other duties as assigned.
Education and Experience
- Minimum associate degree in accounting preferred
- The job requires 1-3 years of experience in a similar role.
- Requires knowledge of general accounting policies, practices, and procedures.
Skills Needed in Position
· Knowledge of generally accepted accounting principles (“GAAP”)
· Experience with Sage Intacct, Bill.com and Nexonia or another automated accounting system a plus
· Excellent organizational, analytical, and problem-solving skills.
· Ability to multi-task, work under pressure and meet required deadlines.
· Strong organizational with a high attention to detail
· Excellent written and verbal communication skills
· Excellent time management skills and the ability to prioritize work.
· Energetic, self-motivated, highly organized team player with excellent customer service skills
· Strong computer skills required; proficiency using Microsoft Office Suite (Word, Excel, Outlook)
Job Type: Full-time
Pay: $43,000.00 - $55,000.00 per year
- Dental insurance
- Disability insurance
- Employee assistance program
- Flexible schedule
- Flexible spending account
- Health insurance
- Life insurance
- On-site gym
- Paid time off
- Parental leave
- Professional development assistance
- Referral program
- Tuition reimbursement
- Vision insurance
- Work from home
Work Location: Hybrid remote in Alexandria, VA 22314