Center for Sustainable Energy (CSE) is an independent, mission-driven nonprofit organization with offices in San Diego, Oakland, Los Angeles and Boston. We accelerate the adoption of clean and efficient energy solutions via program administration, technical assistance, policy innovation, and other forms of market facilitation. We are uniquely positioned and engaged with a variety of stakeholders and market actors, including policy-makers, state and federal agencies, regional and local governments, utilities, business and civic leaders, and individuals in both the general market and equity sectors. Our technical areas of focus include distributed energy resources (renewable energy, energy efficiency, energy storage, fuel cells, combined heat and power) and clean transportation.
The Web Developer is a member of the Systems Development Team and leads the design and development of custom solutions for CSE’s internal and external clients from layout to function. CSE solutions include application processing platforms for clean energy incentive programs, such as California’s Clean Vehicle Rebate Project (CVRP). These solutions include a front-end CMS system and back-end Salesforce and document storage systems. The Web Developer will create visually appealing sites that provide best in class user experience and visual design. This role reports to the Sr. Manager of CSE’s Systems Development team, and collaborates with a team of UX designers, business analysts, and front-end and back-end developers (including external development partners) to design, develop, deploy, and maintain solutions.
Essential Functions and responsibilities:
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily.
The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required.
- Ability to create and maintain enterprise-class, database driven, interactive (backend) Drupal websites
- Write well designed, testable, efficient code by using best software development practices
- Create website layout/user interface by using standard HTML/CSS practices
- Translates business requirements into well architected, easy to use and visually appealing websites
- Work with Business Analysts and UX/UI Designers to create best in class user interactions and visual designs
- Can work varying development environments including Agile, Scrum and Waterfall
- Provide estimates for project schedules and timeline deliveries
- Manage projects related to the websites
- Adhere to corporate brand standards
- Ensure timeliness, accuracy and consistency of all sites
- Determine and recommend additional resources necessary for web operations
- Propose tools and make recommendations as needed for website budget
- Document all changes to the website per operational procedure
- Design, build and monitor web metrics
- Research and plan for changing user requirements and technology advances
- Provide technical consultation and support to staff and customers as needed
Essential Knowledge, SkillsandAbilities
- Proven working experience in web programming
- Top-notch programming skills and in-depth knowledge of latest HTML/CSS
- Knowledge of CMS platform installation, configuration, and optimization
- Experience integrating websites and Content Management Systems and API’s
- Knowledge of Search Engine Optimization process
- Experience in website development, programming, scripting and site maintenance
- Experience building web applications and database-driven websites
- Experience with database structures, custom metrics reporting and web analytics
- Experience with cross-browser and cross-platform development
- Proficiency with database technologies utilized in web applications including SQL, MySQL
- Proficiency with Adobe CSx and Microsoft Office 200x technologies
- Proficient with Windows operating system and Internet Browser applications
- Knowledge of emerging web technologies including JQuery, Modernizr, Highcharts
- Knowledge of Linux/Unix/Windows system administration
- Familiarity with spinning up websites and development environments using AWS, Rackspace or Pantheon
- Knowledge of secure web services: privacy, firewalls, encryption, and SSL
- Strong timeline creation and project management skills
- Self-starter and ability to work with both a team and independently
- Strong organizational skills with attention to detail
- Customer-focused and results driven
- Hands-on experience architecting and implementing solutions using Drupal 8
- Experience with MySQL database design, integration, installation, and configuration
- Experience integrating CMS data reporting from external CRMs like Salesforce and NetSuite.
- Experience using Git version control preferred.
- Experience with the Bootstrap or Foundation framework, and SAAS or LESS preprocessors
- Experience with Agile Development methodology
Education and/or Experience
- 4-7 years experience
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent with coursework related to the area of assignment
- An equivalent combination of education and experience may be considered sufficient to successfully perform the essential duties of the job as listed above.
Communicate effectively in both oral and written form; compose and edit written materials; explain technical concepts in non-technical terms to staff and customers; research and learn new software and adapt to changes in technology; prioritize, organize, and schedule work assignments and projects; establish and maintain cooperative working relationships with those contacted during the course of work.
Job Type: Full-time
- CSS: 1 year (Preferred)
- Agile: 1 year (Preferred)
- Scripting: 1 year (Preferred)
- Windows: 1 year (Preferred)
- Visual Design: 1 year (Preferred)