Experience and Education
Associate degree in paramedic sciences, emergency medical services management, business or other related degree, or equivalent experience. Bachelor’s degree in paramedic sciences, emergency medical services management, business or other related degree, or equivalent experience preferred.
Licensed paramedic, EMT-Paramedic, or Certified Flight Paramedic (FP-C) through TX DSHS.
Five (5) years of experience as a 911 system, flight or critical care transport paramedic.
The EMS Quality Management Coordinator is responsible for developing and advancing the quality of clinical practice through the management and oversight of the quality improvement and quality assurance activities.
- Management of the development, implementation and evaluation of the clinical quality program.
- Management and oversight for the process of quality review of patient care delivery to ensure care provided is within the standard of care and Clinical Practice Guidelines, including accuracy of medical records and appropriateness of clinical care.
- Manage the monitoring, analyzing, and reporting on system status related to quality of clinical care.
- Provide on-call coverage for On-Line Medical Direction.
- Collaborate with fire & rescue, other departments and/or bureaus to ensure a high-level clinical quality program.
- Oversee the development, implementation and evaluation of learning cycles related to clinical quality of care.
- Oversee EMS Quality Management Specialists in the collection, analysis and validation of clinical data.
- Oversee the development, implementation, and evaluation of clinical improvement plans.
- Work closely with Medical Director or designee to develop continuing education programs that address issues identified through the QA/QI process.
- Collaborate with Medical Director(s), EMS leadership, and EMS educators to develop innovative educational programs designed to meet the needs of the EMS community based on QA/QI activities.
- Assist with other responsibilities and projects as assigned by the Medical Director or designee.
Security This position is security-sensitive and subject to Texas Education Code 51.215, which authorizes UT Southwestern to obtain criminal history record information
Salary Salary Negotiable
UT Southwestern Medical Center is committed to an educational and working environment that provides equal opportunity to all members of the University community. In accordance with federal and state law, the University prohibits unlawful discrimination, including harassment, on the basis of: race; color; religion; national origin; sex; including sexual harassment; age; disability; genetic information; citizenship status; and protected veteran status. In addition, it is UT Southwestern policy to prohibit discrimination on the basis of sexual orientation, gender identity, or gender expression.