Perform highly repetitive line assembly operations on trailers and having a limited number of parts and details. Prep trailer: wiring, grommets, lights and decals. Move trailers either as a team or with a hoist. Test lighting, check whole alignment for axle and tongue, attach fenders, hardware bag and axle. Follow instructions as to assembly methods. Alert to visually detect obvious defects. Work is given close supervision, inspection and check; instructions and guidance provided on new work, procedural variations and difficulties. Follows directives of Line Leader in the absence of the Supervisor/Manager.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Reads job order and blueprint specifications.
- Assembles quality trailers and axles (wiring trailers, putting fenders and axles on trailers, applying company logo, stacking trailers, bunk assembly, axle and bow assembly, etc.) and examines connections for correct fit while meeting quality and quantity standards; fastening parts and subassemblies.
- Verifies specifications by inspecting completed product.
- Responsible for the safety of the equipment he/she is using. Responsible for notifying the supervisor/manager or lead person of the need for equipment repairs.
- Conserves resources by using equipment and supplies as needed to accomplish job results.
- Responsible for ensuring accuracy and timeliness of bar code procedures and job orders.
- Contributes to team effort by accomplishing related results as needed.
- Recognize obvious defective or damaged parts, incorrect sizes, faulty workmanship and general quality. Double check job order to finished product.
- Must be able to follow directives and procedures and complete paperwork.
- Demonstrate timely communication of needed supplies.
- Ensure no material is used or moved unless it has a part number on it.
- All counts must be consistently accurate.
- Work area must be maintained as clean and organized.
- Work in compliance with all safety, quality, quantity and housekeeping standards in accordance with company policies.
- Performs other related duties as assigned by management.
- Supports all Continuous Improvement initiatives including 6S and Kaizen events.
Required Knowledge, Skills and Abilities::
- Must be able to read tape measure and follow a job order and use basic hand-tools (panel saw, skill saw, screw gun, drill and hand tools).
- Good math skills are necessary. Must be able to give accurate counts.
- Good verbal and written communication skills are required. Must have legible, neat penmanship.
- Prefer a fundamental knowledge of teamwork as acquired by short job training and experience.
- Prefer direct experience working as part of a team.
Education and Experience:
- A high school diploma or GED is preferred.
Certificates, Licenses, Registrations:
Job Type: Full-time
- Assembly: 2 years (Required)
- Driver's License (Required)