Counter Sales Associate
Johnstone Supply is looking for a counter sales associate. Johnstone Supply is a locally owned and operated HVAC/R wholesale provider with seven locations in the Greater Pittsburgh area (North Hills, South Hills, Monroeville, Monaca, Butler and Greensburg). We are part of the country’s top wholesale distributor cooperative, backed by six distribution centers and more than 400 branches worldwide.
Job Summary We are looking for an experienced individual in the HVAC industry to join our team. This person will support our customers by providing technical support via the telephone or in person. This person will also provide sales assistance to customers who walk-in to the store. This person should ideally have 2 years of experience in the HVAC industry.
Responsibilities and Duties
Customer Service Responsibilities
- Answers incoming telephone calls and greets customers who walk in the store. Handles multiple customers and customer requests simultaneously while maintaining a friendly and professional manner.
- Assists customers in making product selections by asking questions and actively listening to identify customer needs. Assists with system or product troubleshooting and answering technical questions. Identifies alternate or substitute products to meet customer needs.
- Researches and sources product for customers using a variety of tools, including point-of-sale computer system, catalogs, websites, JXI, and industry and store contacts.
- Enters sales orders into point-of-sale computer system for invoicing or cash payments. Processes customer returns and warranties following company guidelines.
- Follows up promptly on all customer requests for information, quotes, alternative parts and delivery dates. Proactively communicates with customers about any expected delays or issues with their order.
- Develops good working relationships and rapport with customers. Greets regular customers by name.
- Maintains the highest standards in cleanliness and appearance of the showroom through stocking shelves, housekeeping, creating displays, etc.
- Resolves customer complaints and disputes in a timely, professional manner that balances customer requests with business needs.
- Follows company pricing and credit guidelines
- Prepares and issues sales quotes following company guidelines. Follows up on quotes to secure sales.
- Educates customers/prospects re: the variety of products available for sale and the benefits of shopping at Johnstone Supply
- Increases customer satisfaction and store profitability by proactively recommending additional items a customer might need and promotions that might interest them.
- Uncovers and communicates sales lead information to outside sales staff and management.
- Promotes surplus, sale, discounted and obsolete inventory to customers in order to maintain proper inventory levels. Communicates unexpected increases or decreases in product demand and inventory to purchasing or management.
- Maintains knowledge of new and existing products and inventory by participating in training, studying Johnstone and industry catalogs and web sites, and seeking knowledge from experienced staff members and factory reps.
- Assists in receiving, shipping and general warehouse duties.
- Is organized and orderly maintaining appropriate records.
- Completes all transactions and necessary paperwork accurately and in a timely manner.
- Johnstone Supply believes that each employee’s contribution should not be limited by the assigned responsibilities. Therefore, it is expected that each employee will offer his/her services wherever and whenever necessary to ensure the success of our endeavors.
- High School Diploma / GED required OR equivalent combination of education and experience
- Must be able to pass drug test
- Basic computer literacy (basic web browsing, email, etc)
- Experience in HVAC industry preferred
Benefits: We value the dedication and solid work ethic of our employees and we offer superior compensation, 401K (after 1 year), health benefits (after 90 days), paid vacation, holidays, and a friendly professional working environment.
Job Type: Full-time
- HVAC industry: 2 years (Preferred)
- High school or equivalent (Required)