Keeping buildings, facilities, gym and restrooms in a clean and orderly condition are a priority. Perform cleaning duties such as floors, washing walls and glass, cleaning showers / restrooms, removing rubbish is imperative, and misc. minor maintenance items.
Duties may include performing routine maintenance activities, notifying management of needs for repairs and cleaning debris from common areas. Maintaining a good relationship with the residents leads to a positive work environment.
(Includes the following: )
- Cleaning floors by sweeping, mopping, scrubbing or vacuuming them per the prescribed schedule.
- Gather and empty trash daily and per schedule.
- Service, clean, and supply restrooms daily and per the schedule.
- Service, clean and supply gym daily and per the schedule.
- Clean and polish furniture fixtures.
- Clean low level windows, glass partitions and mirrors.
- Dust furniture, walls, machines and equipment.
- Mix water and detergent in containers to prepare cleaning solutions according to specifications.
- Clean and polish furniture and fixtures.
- Steam clean or shampoo carpets as needed or per schedule.
- Strip, seal, finish and polish floors as required.
- Notify General Manager concerning the need or major repair or additions in the common area and file appropriate work order.
- Complete appropriate requisition for supplies and equipment as needed for cleaning and maintenance duties.
- Setup, arrange and remove decorations, tables, chairs, to prepare facilities for events such as board meetings or member events.
- Attend maintenance cart in common areas at all times. Please store cart out of site while on breaks.
- Ensure all safety precautions are followed while performing work.
- Be courteous and pleasant to residents at all times.
- Attend all mandatory company functions.
- Comply with company policies and procedures.
- Perform related duties and responsibilities as required.
- Other projects and opportunities may be deemed needed and appropriate for this position.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed above are representative of the knowledge, skill and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- An ability to follow oral and written directions, keep accurate records, fill out logs and journals, and perform administrative operational functions.
- Must be capable of being bonded.
- Works effectively with co-workers, clients, customers, and others by sharing ideas in a constructive and positive manner.
- Address problems and issues constructively to find mutually acceptable and practical business solutions.
- Strong ethical practices.
- Time management abilities.
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE:
One year of experience of janitorial or custodial work.
CERTIFICATES, LICENSES, REGISTRATIONS
Possession of valid California State Driver’s License and state mandated insurance required.
Job Type: Full-time
Salary: $16.00 to $17.00 /hour
- Maintenance: 1 year (Preferred)
- janitorial: 1 year (Preferred)