If you thrive in a dynamic environment and looking for the opportunity to utilize your creative expertise in a variety of visual communications mediums, then this is the perfect position for you. We are seeking an experienced designer that thrives in a fast-pace environment, is excited about taking abstract concepts and developing dynamic visual elements for social media, executive presentations, campaigns and events around the world. In addition to bringing your own talents and experience you will have the opportunity to learn new aspects of visual communications and multimedia production from an expert team of highly skilled specialists.
You must be a strong team player capable of collaborating both locally and across the Lockheed Martin enterprise with a focus on not only your success, but also the success of others.
Key skills and responsibilities:
- Significant portion of this position requires collaboration with stakeholders to help shape requirements that reflect project vision while providing guidance promoting our brand, messages and story across multiple mediums
- Combine art and technology to create visually communicative designs and themes that convey ideas, mood, information and vision
- May perform some writing and/or graphic artistry and design for web applications. Coordinates with team members, vendors or others providing support
- Research new or related technologies in modern visual design and related systems and software and incorporate into innovative visual content
- Continually adapt to the changing landscape of visual communication technology
- Seek new ways to improve and formalize internal processes
- Be a strong team player
- An undergraduate degree in graphic design, photography, video production, web design or related field
- Portfolio reflecting production experience in multiple disciplines including graphic design, interactive, motion graphics, web. (Portfolio must be accessible online)
- Experience in tools for design and presentation (e.g., Illustrator, InDesign, Photoshop, PowerPoint)
- Ability to work effectively across organizational boundaries
- Exceptional relationship-building, problem-solving, organization and presentation skills
- Excellent written and verbal communications, plus strong interpersonal skills to assure successful interactions with senior executives, as well as colleagues
- Ability to thrive in a fast paced and dynamic environment with multiple deadlines
- Ability to provide technical solutions to a wide range of difficult problems. Solutions are imaginative, thorough, and practicable, and consistent with organization objectives
Bachelors degree from an accredited college in a related discipline, or equivalent experience/combined education, with 5 years of professional experience; or 3 years of professional experience with a related Masters degree. Considered career, or journey, level.
Lockheed Martin is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, protected veteran status, or disability status.
Join us at Lockheed Martin, where your mission is ours. Our customers tackle the hardest missions. Those that demand extraordinary amounts of courage, resilience and precision. They’re dangerous. Critical. Sometimes they even provide an opportunity to change the world and save lives. Those are the missions we care about.
As a leading technology innovation company, Lockheed Martin’s vast team works with partners around the world to bring proven performance to our customers’ toughest challenges. Lockheed Martin has employees based in many states throughout the U.S., and Internationally, with business locations in many nations and territories.