Human Resources Assistant
Reports To: Senior Director of Human Resources
FLSA Status: Exempt, Full-time
Employee Class: Class 3
Prepared Date: May 2018
The salary range for this position is $35,000 - $50,000. At Connecticut Transportation Solutions, LLC (CTS) we are proud that we pay for experience and performance.
Connecticut Transportation Systems (CTS) is designed with special needs in mind and serves all territories throughout Connecticut. CTS is headquartered in Waterbury, with satellite offices in Bridgeport and Naugatuck, CT. We specialize in all aspects of transporting behaviorally challenged children and adults.
High Level Job Description:
Reporting to the Director of Human Resources the Human Resources Assistant will be responsible for managing the day-to-day administration of CTS human resources policies, procedures, and programs with an emphasis on empowerment, engagement, productivity, and ongoing development of a superior workforce. To be successful in this role, the incumbent must be a professional able to work in a fast-paced environment with multiple priorities, be flexible, want to learn and enable our team members to be their best. While based in our Waterbury office, interoffice travel will be required.
HR Oversight / Day-to-Day Department Operation:
- Manage the HR function for CTS, ensuring consistent and fair policies and procedures are in place and documented to enable all employees to be successful.
- Support the Bridgeport location providing a weekly presence onsite.
- Establish meaningful measures / metrics / reports that provide insight on progress and trends related to recruiting, employees, performance management, strategic goals, etc.
- Maintain and leverage the ADP system for hiring, onboarding, employee records, terminations, etc. Generate system reports as needed.
Employee Recruitment / Onboarding / Retention:
- Assist with the staffing acquisition process from open requisitions through employee onboarding.
- Ensure the required employee background verifications / tests are completed in a timely manner as to not delay new hire start dates.
- Ensure staffing levels are maintained for critical positions, leveraging new strategies to hire the best candidates.
- Assist in process improvement initiatives to improve the hiring process and onboarding experience while reducing costs and time to fill positions.
- Work with management to identify and implement retention strategies for key roles and high performing employees.
- Ensure all team members complete all mandatory state and agency trainings within the required timeframe.
- Assist with the company's new skills / competency-based performance management model that includes employee development programs and plans.
- Ensure the ADP system is leveraged for employee development and tracking.
- Assist in the development of an HR strategy that supports the needs of Connecticut Transportation Solutions, LLC and enables our workforce at all locations to be successful and feel supported.
- Assist with the development and administration of programs, procedures, and guidelines to help align the workforce with the strategic goals of the company.
Business Partner Relationships:
- Establish effective working relationships and clear processes for partner organizations including Finance (Payroll), ICES HR, Compliance / Employee Benefits, Investigations Unit, etc.
- Participate and provide HR expertise as needed in administrative staff meetings.
- Communicate regularly to management team on employee performance, HR issues and deliverables.
- Partner with department leaders while sharing expertise and insights regarding HR policies, employment opportunities, performance management, disciplinary matters, etc.
- Drive initiatives in the management team and organizationally that contribute to long-term employee excellence and business growth.
- Develop strong understanding of the workings of each department and team in the company.
- Conduct competitive / environment intel for use in strategy and plan development
- Perform special projects / assignments as needed.
Competencies / Skills Required:
· Proven Leadership Skills
· Ability to work independently and as a team member
· Strong verbal and written communication skills
· Initiative / results oriented
· Excellent interpersonal and coaching skills
· Evidence of the practice of a high level of confidentiality
· Analytical skills
· Multitasking abilities
· Process and procedure documenting skills
· Strong presentation skills
· Strategy development
· Solid problem-solving abilities
· Wanting to bring out the best in people
- Bachelor’s Degree or approved combination of education and work experience.
- 3-5 years of Human Resources experience.
- Must have relevant experience working in or managing an HR department / function, employee development, performance management, employee engagement and relations, policies and procedures, and recruiting / hiring.
- Must have ADP expertise along with solid command of Microsoft Office, including Word, Excel, Outlook and PowerPoint.
- Previous Transportation experience a plus.
In addition to base salary we offer a competitive benefits package which includes paid time off, health insurance, supplemental insurances and 401K.
Qualified applicants should apply in confidence providing cover letter, resume and current salary requirements. NO PHONE CALLS PLEASE
Connecticut Transportation Solutions LLC., is an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Job Type: Full-time
Salary: $35,000.00 to $50,000.00 /year
- Transportation: 1 year
- Microsoft Office 365: 3 years
- ADP Workforce Now: 2 years
- Human Resources: 3 years
Required work authorization: