We are looking for an experienced cost accounting leader over our ERP cost-structure architecture in charge of creating, maintaining and evolving efficient and robust accounting platforms, in order to help our financial performance by converting complex financial flows into accurate, efficient and valuable reporting and insights.
This role oversees our “costing playbook” intended to align and implement best practice within our cost accounting globally across regions and business units. By leveraging the support of a centralized day-to-day cost accounting team, this role has the ability to drive strategic direction and lead implementation over investment and expense management accounting. In this role you will consult with business leaders to guide and influence strategic decision-making and be responsible for ensuring accurate reporting of material, labor costs, overhead and other operating expenses, freight and distribution, capital investments, inventory and headcount.
This role provides an opportunity to make an impact on our manufacturing environment by working closely with Operations business units and multiple parts of finance and the broader organization (most heavily finance teams supporting plant finance, marketing/brand finance, IT & financial systems, Procurement, and Order Fulfill). The role provides global exposure working to align regional processes and leverage shared global business centers, including our central Operations finance function in Europe.
Ultimately, you will help to ensure our financials are accurate in order to best assess costs and profitable (and/or identify areas for improvement) as you will:
- Deploy and implement finance system architecture across the organization by creating, utilizing and advancing standard accounting and reporting platforms and data structures;
- Design and/or re-designs reports, integrate data, document support procedures, lead work streams, with a continuous improvement mindset and outcome;
- Craft, evolve and ensure KPI reporting accuracy while working with tight deadlines;
- Build strong cross-functional partnerships with key partners regionally and globally to develop and improve processes;
- Apply creative and innovative solutions to best fit the business and key partners needs while simplifying complexity and making aligned and quick decision-making;
- Assist creation of meaningful accounting, reporting and analysis development;
- Develop a sound knowledge of information flow within our ERP database system and how this ties together within entire information flow;
- Present and explain information to diverse audiences in a commonly understood way;
- Provide financial expertise and know-how to others as needed;
For this role, you should have demonstrated relevant progressive work experience, including:
To succeed in this role, we are seeking an individual who is:
- Evolving knowledge and agility of manufacturing accounting, especially in areas like cost accounting in order to clearly support business decision making;
- Participation in design of new processes, system implementations and process improvements;
- Developing, evolving and supporting financial accounting processes;
- Leading business projects across different locations and teams, with the ability to gain commitment and reach desired outcomes, with project management expertise;
- Research and understand system information flow autonomously;
- Contribute value-add performance on complex analysis.
- Curious and committed in constantly self-developing technical skills and business knowledge;
- Able to challenge existing methodologies and identify alternative solutions;
- Comfortable working independently as well as part of a global team across many time-zones;
- Deal naturally with ambiguity;
- Able to express your ideas clearly and concise in written and in front of large audiences;
- Possess great technical and presentation skills.
Bachelor's degree in Accounting or related applicable field
MBA, CPA, CMA or other evidence of technical competence preferred including ERP system certification
Grand Rapids, Michigan, United States
Steelcase provides employment opportunities to all qualified employees and applicants without regard to race, color, creed, genetic information, religion, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity and expression, age, disability, or veteran status and bases all employment decisions only on valid job requirements.