FLINT HILLS BEVERAGE JOB DESCRIPTION – OSAGE CITY
Route Relief Sales & Service Representative/Merchandiser – Updated 1-14-18
- Performing the duties of the Sales & Service Reps whenever they take time off or during holiday or other shortened work weeks requiring route coverage
- Complete a weekly schedule and recap of prior week accomplishments to Sales Manager and General Manager by Monday AM.
- Maximize sales of beverage products in assigned accounts by increasing distribution, shelf space, displays, securing price points, draught taps, merchandising, etc.
- Maintain regular call frequency on all assigned retail accounts to meet sales obligations and customer needs when assigned route relief
- Line clean all draft accounts as assigned or during route relief
- Ensure published freshness standards in all assigned retail accounts that are in line with monthly Finish Product Loss (FPL) budget
- Provide periodic feedback regarding our beverage products and competitive market data
- Work with all departments to resolve customer service issues (e.g. credit/collection, deliveries, etc.)
- Attend sales/team meetings as directed by management along with daily interaction with manager to discuss sales issues, competitive activities, and opportunities to maximize sales efforts
- Participate in evening and weekend promotions as necessary
- Help train new sales team personnel as directed by management
- Assist sales team in achieving merchandising objectives including: permanent, temporary, and custom POS placement and maintenance
- Fill in for the POS manager during his time off as needed
- Assist sales team with draft equipment installation and maintenance
- High school diploma or GED certificate required; Bachelor's degree strongly preferred
- Must be able to qualify for and obtain a CDL driver’s license with our training/equipment and have and maintain a safe driving record
- Ensure all required training is up to date
- One (1) year of selling or merchandising experience (preferred)
- Highly self-motivated and results oriented with the ability to set priorities, coordinate multiple tasks simultaneously, and be attentive to details
- Strong selling and negotiation skills
- Proficient in Office (Word, Excel, Power Point)
- Ability and willingness to work flexible hours
- Strong customer service skills and the ability to work in a team environment and strong verbal and written communication skills
- Able to understand and read invoices, load sheets, job orders, installation instructions and calculate simple math functions
- Ability to move products weighing up to 165 lbs. as well as hang merchandise and be able to fulfill other physical requirements including: Repetitive lifting (up to 50 lbs overhead), bending, pulling/pushing (Push/pull up to 340 pounds on a two-wheeler)
Supervised by: Sales Manager.
Works in manner consistent with established safety requirements and standards as set forth by management and personal judgment. Possesses a valid CDL license, and maintains a personal driving record consistent with company’s automotive insurance coverage requirements. Reports all equipment problems to warehouse manager. Reports any vehicle damage, and recognizes that failure to report such damage within eight (8) hours may result in termination.
Drug-Free Workplace and Alcohol Moderation
I understand that setting an example of alcohol moderation both on and off the job positively affects the company’s image. I agree that: 1) alcohol abuse both on and off the job negatively affects the company’s image, and 2) a second conviction of DUI will result in termination of employment.
I understand that the use or possession of illegal drugs by employees, while on duty, is strictly prohibited. I realize my safety and the safety of other employees may be jeopardized by illegal drug use. Therefore, I agree to random, probable cause, or post-accident drug testing under the company’s Drug and Alcohol Policy,
I understand if I engage in prohibited conduct per our company Drug and Alcohol Policy I may be subject to termination of employment.
I realize that the performance of my job requires a driver’s license. Also, any DUI conviction/diversion either on or off the job may result in the loss of my driver’s license. Furthermore, other traffic violations, etc. may result in the loss of my driver’s license. Therefore, the loss of my driver’s license for any reason will be considered willful misconduct and may result in my termination of employment.
I have read and understood the above responsibilities and statements concerning my position.
Job Type: Full-time
Salary: $35,000.00 to $38,000.00 /year
- relevant: 1 year (Preferred)
- sales: 1 year (Preferred)
- High school or equivalent (Required)
- Osage City, KS (Required)
- Are you able to lift hundreds of cases weighing 20-30 lbs each day and occasionally 160 lb kegs several times a day?
- Health insurance
- Dental insurance
- Vision insurance
- Retirement plan
- Paid time off
- Relocation assistance
- Professional development assistance
- Tuition reimbursement
Type of Freight:
- Dry Vans
Home Time policy:
This Job Is:
- A job for which military experienced candidates are encouraged to apply
- Open to applicants who do not have a college diploma
- Monday to Friday
- Day shift