Type: full-time position
Location: 107 Spring Street, New York NY 10012 - USA
Salary: Attractive (Fixed + Bonus + Commissions on fast-growing sales)
Requirement: US Citizens, permanent residents (GreenCard holders) or visa holders (no visa sponsorship)
About the position
In this position, you are responsible for developing the fast-growing Food Service activity of Palais des Thés in North America and executing the strategy to meet our ambitious sales and financial goals.You will manage and develop a team of Food Service Managers. You will split your time between the active search of new Food Service clients and the development of existing Food Service clients with your team of Food Service Managers. You will work closely with the CEO North America, HQ in France (Paris) as well as the marketing and operations teams both in the US and in France. In this position, you will have the opportunity to gain experience in all sales development and management aspects of a fast-growing, international company.
About Palais des Thés
Palais des Thés is a 30-year-old Parisian tea brand founded in 1987, with 60+ retail locations worldwide and 1,000+ B2B clients around the world. We specialize in high quality, directly-sourced, whole leaf teas, carefully blended with all-natural fruits, flowers and spices.
Palais des Thés launched its US operations in NYC in 2011. Since then, Palais des Thés has established a large, sustainable and fast-growing B2B business with both foodservice/hospitality (hotels, restaurants, bakeries, cafes, etc.) and retail (specialty retail, department stores, gift shops, e-retailers, etc.) clients. Palais des Thés is among the fastest growing tea companies in the US and one ofthe most successful European tea brands in the country.
Palaisdes Thés’ major achievements in the US:
· #1 tea brand in department stores
· #1 European tea brand in foodservice/hospitality
· Tea partner of the most iconic Afternoon teas in the US (Plaza NYC, St. Regis, Peninsula, The Pierre TAJ Hotels, etc.), the best restaurant in the world 2017 (Eleven Madison Park) and the best pastry chef 2017 (Dominique Ansel) alongside other fine dining establishment and venues across the country.
In the US, Palais des Thés’ customers include:
· Hospitality: The Plaza, The Peninsula, TAJ Hotels, St Regis Hotels, Ritz-Carlton Hotels, Montage Hotels,Viceroy Hotels etc, Michelin-starred restaurants, Maison Kayser bakeries, Dominique Ansel bakeries – to name a few.
· Retail: Neiman Marcus, Saks, Nordstrom, Macy’s, Williams Sonoma, Dean&Deluca, Food52, UncommonGoods, etc.
· BA/BS degree minimum
· 2-5 years experience in sales
· Strong supervisory, leadership, management and coaching skills
· Strong written/oral communication skills
· Ability to communicate on various levels to include management, client, customer and associate levels
· Excellent financial, budgetary and computational skills
· Superior time management and ability to prioritize tasks
· Excellent organizational and multitasking abilities
Responsibilities (include but are not limited to):
o Lead,mentor, engage and develop team to maximize their contributions, including recruiting, assessing, training, coaching and managing performance.
· Sales (new accounts acquisition)
o Prospect new accounts
o Track your own and the team’s sales funnel and create new sales leads and contacts
o Lead preparation of proposals
o Followup with team and clients
o Lead sales meetings and tea trainings
· Customer relationship and development(existing customers)
o Develop and maintain effective client rapport for mutually beneficial businessrelationship.
o Demonstrate excellent customer service, identify client needs and effectively communicate operational progress.
o Lead point-of-sales initiatives (e.g. trainings, events etc.)
- Financial performance:
o Build revenue and manage Food Service budget, including Food Service cost controls.
o Manage resources to ensure delivery of quality products and services within budget.
This is the right position for you if:
· You are a team leader and a team player
· You have a strong entrepreneurial spirit
· You’re a self-starter
· You have excellent communication skills
· You like new challenges and are focused on achieving ambitious targets
· You are able to wear many hats during a single day
· You love tea and/or the French culture!
Job Type: Full-time
Typical start time: