- Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science or related field; or at least 5+ years equivalent work experience in a Unix/Linux environment
- Position location: Herndon, VA, Crystal City, VA, or Denver, CO
- This position requires that the candidate selected be a U.S. citizen and obtain and maintain an active TS/SCI security clearance with polygraph.
Amazon Route 53 is a highly available and scalable Domain Name System (DNS) service offered by Amazon Web Services. We operate in over 50 locations worldwide and provide advanced functionality such as latency-based routing (LBR), Private DNS, Geo DNS routing, DNS failover, and integration with a plethora of AWS services. On top of that, we offer fast change propagation with a 100% availability SLA. Our service is quickly growing and we're expanding in multiple directions: adding new features and functionality to our DNS services, better traffic management, new AWS integrations, improving our health check capabilities, and expanding with new services in the naming and routing space.
We work on deep, technical problems that span a variety of core topics in computer science ranging from databases to networking to distributed systems to numerical analysis to security. We are looking for a systems engineer who feels strongly not only about operating great systems but also about improving upon those systems in the real world.
You'll have the opportunity to help AWS build the platform that will set the standard for cloud computing. On the Route 53 team, you will have to make tough prioritization decisions, iterate and innovate, and think through large-scale globally distributed systems problems. You will have to think about how to provide advanced functionality while maintaining a 100% availability guarantee. As a lead member of our growing team, you will be involved in all aspects of the software development lifecycle and interact with many other engineering teams across Amazon.
- Ability to perform deep, dive technical troubleshooting.
- Ability to take a project from scoping requirements through actual launch of the project.
- Strong distributed systems and web services design and implementation experience.
- Strong working knowledge with Linux, or other Unix operating systems.
- Obsession with delivering highly available and performant systems that surpass customer expectations.
- Have a passion for automation with the ability to script/code in Bash, Python, or Ruby.
- Meets/exceeds Amazon’s leadership principles requirements for this roll
- Meets/exceeds Amazon’s functional/technical depth and complexity for this role
Amazon is an Equal Opportunity Employer – Minority / Women / Disability / Veteran / Gender Identity / Sexual Orientation / Age
**For more information on Amazon Web Services, please visit http://aws.amazon.com.**
If you’re interested in learning more about this role and others that are similar, please join AWS recruiters at our next virtual open house: