McLane Austell serves customers in the southeast region and our routes are mostly home daily, with some overnight routes. Driver teammates represent the best of the best in the trucking industry. Their skills reach far beyond driving; in fact, they are the face of McLane and directly impact customer retention. In addition to safely operating a tractor trailer, they deliver and unload product to a specified route of restaurants on time with the best accuracy possible in a friendly professional manner. New McLane drivers start on the extra board, so schedule flexibility is critical.
The driver unloads or assists in the unloading of product from the trailer to customers. They safely operate a semi-truck with trailer according to state and federal laws. Transports product load over route to proper destinations observing all company policies, safety regulations, and traffic laws. Obtains all required paper work in pouch, correctly checks product when unloading, obtains any necessary signatures upon delivery, and returns all completed paper work to transportation office after returning from route. Maintains any required records completely and correctly. Keeps both tractor and trailer safe and organized during the route. After completion of the route, removes any remaining product from the trailer and checks the product in with the warehouse supervisor before staging the trailer. Performs pre-trip and post-trip inspections. Reports any maintenance malfunctions immediately after discovery of the situation.
McLane offers drivers great pay, benefits, and home time. Benefits include medical, dental, vision, life, and disability; starting on day one of employment. We also offer a 401(k) with Company match that begins on the 91st day. McLane teammates have access to other discounts and benefits.
Sign-On Bonus: $5000
- Must be 21 years of age
- Valid Commercial Class A Drivers License
- Minimum of 1 year or 50,000 verifiable miles of tractor trailer driving experience
- Must meet McLane's MVR and Risk Rating qualifications
- Excellent customer service skills
- Requires high degree of attention, skill, and dexterity in the control of tractor-trailer and in preventing damage to materials and trailer equipment
- Ability to lift and move product and pallets weighing up to 75 lbs
- Must meet DOT physical and medical requirements, pass a pre-employment substance abuse test as a safety sensitive employee and be subject to DOT random substance abuse testing
Candidates must pass a background check, drug screen and other job requirements.
McLane is an EOE AA M/F/Vet/Disability