Universal Laser Systems, Inc. is searching for an experienced visual designer to design and develop visually compelling and beautiful creative assets, and create innovative, elegant, world-class customer-focused visual experiences.
The Senior Visual Designer will play a critical role in assisting the company in building a powerful brand and will strive to constantly achieve visual excellence and raise the bar on the customer experience.
You will be responsible for the vision and execution of graphics and visual standards for the entire company and must have the ability to think big about how we tell our story across multiple B2B segments and possess the business acumen to understand the impact of your work within a wider scope. You will drive the vision into action with clearly defined objectives and careful attention to brand and graphic standards to develop strong creative assets reaching a global audience across various markets and industries.
- Drive ideas from concept to reality for all projects, understanding principles that drive successful designs
- Own the brand identity, creating brand and style guidelines, and developing deliverables that ensure consistent presentation of the company in all marketing activities including print and digital advertising, collateral, web, video, photography, tradeshows and events, etc.
- Analyze marketing challenges and create brand design solutions and customer centric designs that integrate marketing objectives and target audience and meet measurable business goals and requirements
- Work with internal clients and stakeholders to understand scope of department requests, key goals, messages, calls to actions, etc. to develop high quality deliverables that meet goals, objectives and requirements; Understand basic questions to be asked at the beginning of any request with depth of questions increasing as complexity increases
Education and Experience:
- Bachelor’s degree in design or related field
- 7+ years of professional experience working as a visual designer in an in house creative department or design firm
- 5 years of experience and in-depth knowledge of UX concepts and user interface design
- Background as a creative lead in a B2B environment
- A self-starter who identifies opportunities and potential problems – addressing them effectively and efficiently
- Excellent communication, presentation, and interpersonal skills with the ability to clearly articulate ideas and technical concepts
- Knowledge of marketing fundamentals and ability to implement them to create dynamic deliverables
- Strong project management, time management and organizational skills with the ability to multi-task and meet tight deadlines
- Strong proficiency in a variety of design tools such as Adobe Photoshop, Illustrator and InDesign
- Demonstrable experience in leading video projects and skills in illustration and photography
- Proficient in a variety of methods to convey ideas and concepts (e.g. storytelling, storyboards, prototypes, etc.)
- Passionate and enthusiastic about excellence and attention to detail.
- Ability to travel domestically and internationally to meet with outside creative agencies, vendors or perform research
- Knowledge of web based technologies and mobile operating systems and platforms and their impact on the feasibility of design solutions, for example Ajax, Flash, HTML 5, CSS, scripting, iOS, Android, and various other technologies are a plus
- Knowledge of mobile, tablet and desktop platforms is a plus
An online portfolio or samples of work demonstrating strong visual design skills and innovative interactive work
Job Type: Full-time
- Visual Designing: 7 years