An affiliate of Massachusetts General Hospital and Brigham and Women’s Hospital, Partners Urgent Care serves as a convenient and affordable urgent care option for those living and working in the Greater Boston area. From coughs and colds to cuts and broken bones, our providers offer great care for a range of illnesses and injuries in clean modern centers. We know urgent medical situations often happen unexpectedly, so our Boston-area Partners Urgent Care clinics seven days a week. Most Partners Urgent Care visits last less than an hour, so our patients can get back to what matters.
We are seeking Medical Receptionists for of our Boston Common Partners Urgent Care location to work 13 hour shifts 3 days per week.
Principal Duties and Responsibilities
- Greet and assist patients and other guests in a professional, friendly, hospitable manner.
- Maintaining necessary forms to carry out front desk activities.
- Recording patient information as necessary on an electronic medical record (EMR).
- Answering the telephone calls in a professional and courteous manner within minimum rings.
- Liaising with patients, physicians, health care professionals, and visitors in a compassionate and kind manner.
- Monitoring the patient's flow into the exam and procedure suites.
- Explaining to patient’s copays, coinsurance, and deductibles for urgent care visits.
- Receiving and conveying messages in writing, electronically and verbally.
- Monitoring office supply levels and placing orders as needed.
- Restocking supply areas as orders arrive.
- Scanning, filing, and faxing the documents and preparing them for mail-out.
- Spot cleaning the lobby, exam suites, restrooms, and other areas around the center.
- Ensuring the lobby is neat and clean, and reporting on any damage.
- Assist patients by occasionally carrying small children, aiding those with difficulty walking or entering /exiting their car, transporting a patient in a wheelchair.
- Attend and participate in periodic staff meetings.
- Provide administrative tasks such as responding to emails, making phone calls, typing letters, conducting research, etc.
- Process payments for services.
- Perform all of the assigned duties of the host daily responsibilities check sheet for opening, shift and closing of Center.
- Escorting patients to their exam or room suite and introducing them to the amenities.
- Participating in marketing/community outreach events.
- Assist new associates in training as requested.
- Cleaning and staging of exam and procedure suites after patient use.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- A minimum of a High School diploma.
- Preferably 1-2 years of experience in a high-volume physician practice, urgent care center or emergency room.
Skills, Abilities, and Competencies
- Ability to see, hear, and accurately read and write.
- An outstanding customer service ability with both children and adults.
- A positive and energetic attitude which inspires other team members.
- Communicates easily with people in all levels of an organization.
- Possess excellent organizational and record keeping skills.
- Ability to communicate effectively, balance multiple tasks, set priorities, and solve problems.
- Strong proficiency in Microsoft software products such as Outlook, Word, PowerPoint and Excel. Prior experience with eCW strongly preferred.
- Type 45 WPM
- Ability to work 13 hour shifts, overtime, on-call, weekends, and holidays as needed.
EEO Statement Equal Opportunity Employer
: MA-Boston-Boston Common Urgent Care
Boston Common Urgent Care
137 Stuart Street
: Customer Service
: Partners Community Physicians Organization(PCPO)
Standard Hours :
: Day Job
Recruiting Department :
PHS Partners Urgent Care
: Aug 13, 2018