Brookline College is growing and currently has immediate need for instructors in the following programs:
Patient Care Technician
This position provides a learning experience to students and evaluates their achievements.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
Other duties may be assigned to meet business needs.
- Educate and provide technological and academic training to students
- Ensure students are aware of the competencies necessary for all objectives in the syllabus
- Design and carry out a lesson plan for each class taught that recognizes students’ abilities, learning styles, etc. and provides accommodation for individual students’ differences
- Analyze outward signs of problems that students may have that inhibit their achievement and take appropriate action
- Refer students to Program Director or Director of Education to overcome those traits that appear to be keeping the student from a high level of achievement
- Identify and refer students who are “at risk” of leaving the course to the Program Director or Director of Education
- Provide ongoing student advisement and academic counseling
- Use a variety of modalities during instruction (discussion, group work, mini-lectures, question and answer, etc.) to support active learning and student engagement
- Use a variety of means of both formative and summative evaluation to support student abilities (cooperative learning, reports, and team work)
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. This position requires the ability to communicate effectively at all levels of the organization. Effective interaction across departmental boundaries must be maintained.
Education and/or Experience:
Master’s Degree required with a minimum of 18 semester graduate hours in subject being taught.
Job Type: Part-time