United States of America
US068-Savannah (Colemna), GA 101 Coleman Boulevard, Suite G , Savannah, GA, 31408 USA
At Collins Aerospace, we’re dedicated to relentlessly tackle the toughest challenges in our industry – all to redefine aerospace.
Created in 2018 through the combination of two leading companies– Rockwell Collins and United Technologies Aerospace Systems – we’re driving the industry forward through technologically advanced and intelligent solutions for global aerospace and defense. Every day we imagine ways to make the skies and the spaces we touch smarter, safer and more amazing than ever. Together we chart new journeys, reunite families, protect nations and save lives. And we do it all with some of the greatest talent this industry has to offer.
We are Collins Aerospace and we hope you join us as we REDEFINE AEROSPACE.
At Collins Aerospace, our Interiors team is focused on innovation, safety and cost efficiency. But we don’t just get people from point A to point B. We’re committed to making air travel more comfortable, connected and secure. As a leader in aviation interior products and services, we’re helping airlines and original equipment manufacturers create a positive experience for their customers. With offices and manufacturing facilities in more than 12 states across the U.S. and more than 10 countries around the globe, we’re changing the game of aircraft interiors. Are you ready to join our team?Role Overview
This position is for an assistant Logistics technician who is under immediate supervision. Provides assistance with managing inventory and movement of materials. Assists with responding to basic customer or shipper questions and complaints regarding storage and distribution services. Develops basic skills in the execution of existing procedures.
- Works under immediate supervision to provide assistance with managing inventory and movement of materials.
- Assists with preparation of necessary shipping documentation.
- Assists with checking arriving materials to ensure they match purchase orders.
- Assists with flow of materials and products in manufacturing areas according to established guidelines.
- Maintains production and delivery schedules.
- Assists with responding to basic customer or shipper questions and complaints regarding storage and distribution services.
- Tracks and traces goods while they are on route to their destinations.
- Compiles data from contracts, purchase orders, requisitions and other documents to assess supply needs.
- Provides logistics documentation to establish the range and depth of spares, tools, test equipment and related manuals to be deployed and stocked.
- Reviews configuration changes to evaluate impact on logistics deployment.
- Plans, schedules and manages the efficient movement of material from receiving, or the warehouse, to production.
- Manages material inventory, supplier integration strategies (VMI/3PL/supermarkets) and import/export controls.
- Partners with Industrial Engineering on packaging strategies.
Candidates for this role should possess a HS Diploma or AA/AS degree (or other 2-year post high school training) with less than 2 years of relevant experience.
At Collins, the paths we pave together lead to limitless possibility. And the bonds we form – with our customers and with each other - propel us all higher, again and again.
Some of our competitive benefits package includes:
- Medical, dental, and vision insurance
- Three weeks of vacation for newly hired employees
- Generous 401(k) plan that includes employer matching funds and separate employer retirement contribution
- Tuition reimbursement
- Life insurance and disability coverage
- And more
Apply now and be part of the team that’s redefining aerospace, every day.