The Principal Mechanical Engineer provides the technical leadership that is necessary to conceive, justify, implement, test and document mechanical designs that meet Product Requirements, including overall system performance, unit cost, reliability requirements and time to market. S/he is responsible for subsystem performance specification generation and verification testing in accordance with the project plan; spearheading risk analysis activities such as FMEA, hazards analysis; and assuring that the chosen design meets all applicable industry standards.
Job Requirements :
- BSME or higher degree preferred.
- At least 7 - 12 years hands-on experience designing complex electromechanical products including industrial automation equipment, robots or similar systems.
- Excellent team player; comfortable working in a fast-paced, dynamic, interdisciplinary team comprising mechanical, electrical, controls and software engineers, as well as designers, product managers and manufacturing & operations personnel.
- Knowledgeable in all facets of product development lifecycle (specification, feasibility, concept prototype to high volume production plus FMEA, DFM and DFT).
- Proficiency in SolidWorks (preferred), Pro/Engineer or a comparable mechanical CAD package.
- Direct experience designing motor-driven, bearing and gear-based actuators or drive-trains; robotics preferred
- Capable of completing detailed CAD-model designs for production.
- Experience with a variety of prototype and production fabrication processes (e.g. SLS, SLA, machining, sheet metal fabrication, die casting, injection molding, thermoforming, etc.)
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
Job Type: Full-time