Standard Concrete Products, Inc. Is a progressive and growing manufacturer of prestressed and precast concrete products with three locations in the southeastern United States. More information about SCP can be found by visiting website at www.standardconcrete.net.
He/She, with the help of a staff, will be responsible for playing an important role in understanding SCP’s manufacturing process and how production, purchasing, accounts payable, safety/equipment, and human resources are integrated in that process.
These are some specific duties the Business Manager and his/her staff are responsible for:
- Payroll and HR functions including but not limited to the entry of time, new hire employee packets and sign up, payroll reconciliation and distribution, raises in pay, safety infractions, managing attendance records, employee disciplinary program, coding invoices, and employee relations and maintenance
- Work w/ other team members of management to administer the manufacturing processes such as production and shipping of materials, cost reports, and reconciliations
- Purchasing will consist of issuing all purchase orders, monitoring purchasing of all employees, petty cash, and making sure sufficient quotes and job distributions are noted.
- Accounts payable will consist of mailings, copying, filing, batching, purchase orders and delivery tickets, checking quoted prices for services or products, and accounting distribution.
- The Business Manager will also be involved with the safety program of the company. They will need to monitor safety meetings, handle workers compensation issues and reporting of injuries, and do OSHA log reporting. They should also follow-up with employees after injury, monitor the cases, arrange appointments, and handle insurance issues.
- The equipment aspect of the Business Manager will consist of monitoring equipment usage, preventative maintenance of the machinery, coding equipment invoices, and notify personnel of any major equipment failure.
Requirements: College degree – Bachelors degree in Accounting, Business Management, Construction Management, Industrial Engineering, Business Administration, or equivalent experience
Starting salary contingent on experience-
Job Type: Full-time
- Office Management: 4 years (Required)
- Accounting: 4 years (Required)