Erickson Dental Technologies
The Desktop Support Technician I is a front line, customer facing position that works in our call center as well as around the state doing service calls. A DST-1's job is to process calls, resolve technical issues over the phone and onsite, and log all activity in our CRM software to and from our customers. The goal of a DST-1 tech is to provide the most efficient and timely solutions to customers while utilizing our call center procedures, standards for troubleshooting onsite, and standards for outstanding customer service. In addition, DST-1 techs are also assigned call backs to customers to resolve or complete service requests and they may also perform installations at customer's offices over the course of a few days. This position utilizes a variety of troubleshooting methods, software, tools, and critical thinking skills. In addition to the technical skills, DST-1 techs must have a positive and friendly attitude and always display/project the utmost respect and understanding for the customer when they interact with them.
Desktop Support Technician I Job Duties
- Answering phone calls that come into the technical support queue.
- Partnering with the Technical Coordinator or Technical Manager for ticket escalations based on established guidelines.
- Notifying Technical Manager immediately of any critical situations.
- Utilizing various software tools, CRM and RMM software, and calls to 3rd party technical support to resolve customer issues.
- Following call handling guidelines, escalation procedures, and company policies.
- Log all calls in CRM software.
- Create and update Knowledge Base articles based on calls and fixes used.
- Driving to customer sites and resolving technical issues while onsite.
- Using power tools to assist in the installation process of computer equipment.
Skills and Qualifications
- Two-year degree, A+ Certification, or equivalent
- Ability to multitask and be detail oriented.
- Strong critical-thinking and troubleshooting skills.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Ability to maintain positive, professional, and friendly attitude in all customer interactions.
- Proficient in MS Windows desktop and server operating systems.
- Working knowledge of networking hardware and concepts.
- Valid Driver's License required.
- Must have flexible schedule during the week.
- Base shift is Monday thru Friday 8am to 5pm. Service calls and installations may be beyond those hours.
- Competitive level with potential increase after first 90 days.
Please submit resume and cover letter.
Job Type: Full-time
- Network Support: 2 years (Preferred)
- Networking: 2 years (Preferred)
- Computer Support: 2 years (Preferred)
- Server Support: 2 years (Preferred)
- Drivers License (Required)