Job Title: Creative Director
FLSA: Salary, Exempt, Full- tim
About Digital Trends:
Digital Trends, the largest independent tech media site in the world, is a technology/lifestyle brand with offices in Portland, Oregon; New York; Chicago; and more. We cover anything and everything in technology -- from the QLED vs OLED 4k TVs, racing drones, Apple product recalls, to innovations in autonomous driving. Our content spans from news, expert analysis, guides, in-depth reviews, and more. Digital Trends provides insights to our readers in a way that enhances their lifestyle. “Tech For The Way You Live”
We are seeking a Creative Director to own our brand identity and grow our in-house creative capabilities/department. We are looking for a visionary creative leader with impeccable taste and flawless execution. This role will be responsible for updating our style guide and unifying our brand look & tone everywhere we engage with our audience: on-site, social, experiential, video and merchandise. You will partner with our clients on content conception and creation – from RFP/brief through production and delivery.
You will work collaboratively across development, content and marketing teams on multiple projects while also managing and growing your team. This person is a seasoned Creative Director who works collaboratively, and thinks conceptually and strategically about story telling, branding and design.
Who You Are:
- 10+ years experience as a Creative Director/ Art Director with graphic design experience at creative agencies or client-side, working on global, consumer-facing brands
- Fluency with Adobe Creative Suite, InDesign, and Sketch
- Excellent organizational and leadership abilities
- A strong, clean visual design sense and an ability to concept and adhere to branding style guidelines
- Ability to work independently and lead a growing team, take initiative, receive and follow direction and take constructive feedback
- Proven leader of creative teams and versed in working cross functionally.
- Dynamic web design & UX experience, understanding of dev systems and process
- Passion for content creation specific for new media, video content, social content and paid advertising campaigns
- Fluency in content creation, CG, video editing, web streaming, social media and digital advertising
- Ability to contribute to editorial discussions and strategy during the entire design/creative process, from concept through completion
- Experience working in a fast-paced, data-driven environment, effortlessly switching between projects and clients
- Experience working in Publishing industry a plus
What You’ll Do:
- Develop innovative, best-in-class digital assets and experiences for DT in multiple functions
- Create, evolve, maintain and advocate for the DT design style guide. Be the gatekeeper of the brand and ensure all creative adheres to our guidelines and standards to ensure our brand is consistent and relevant
- Serve as a cross-functional partner who asks the right questions and brainstorms solutions with a strong sense of initiative and follow-through
- Build relationships with stakeholders, promote awareness and collaboration between Marketing, Editorial, PR, Development and Integrated Marketing to build consistent narratives that resonate with our audience
- Lead and inspire team to be: customer-focused, innovative, fast-moving and team-oriented
- Assist in aligning creative with advertisers’/clients’ strategy by working closely with Integrated Marketing team
- Develop game-changing creative concepts, decks and communication across a range of possible disciplines
- Stay abreast of new technology, resources and trends affecting the creative industry and share this knowledge across the organization
- Present designs/concepts to senior leadership
- Collaborate with Marketing team to align on seasonal marketing objectives and deliverables to support those goals
- Partner with Photo and Video teams, Designers and Producers to execute creative through final delivery, ensuring best in class quality standards
- This job operates in an office environment. This role primarily uses a computer for the completion of work.
- This is largely a sedentary role. The employee is frequently required to use a keyboard and to sit for long periods of time.
What’s in it for you:
- Company paid Tri-Met pass
- Medical, Dental, Vision, 401k, Paid parental leave, generous PTO package, life insurance, short-term and long-term disability offered.
- Fun working environment to include the following in-office amenities: free beer and kombucha on tap, free espresso, free snacks, foosball table & ping pong table, big-screen tvs, bike racks, shower in-office, laundry machines in-office (while testing them for reviews), full kitchen to include dishes and some food and much more!
How to Apply:
To apply, please submit a resume, cover letter and link to portfolio
Job Type: Full-time