Join us in Amazon EC2 as we are growing our product teams quite rapidly and are calling out for the best software developers in the industry!
EC2 is one of AWS’s most popular core offerings. Millions of applications have been developed on top of EC2, and entire businesses use EC2 for their underlying infrastructure. In fact, using nothing but EC2, most organizations could run their entire workloads including storage, database, and routing needs. The availability and performance of EC2 on AWS is unparalleled.
Amazon Web Services is a fast-growing business within Amazon that provides cost effective easy to use cloud computing resources to business of all sizes around the world. With AWS, you can requisition compute power, storage, databases, and many other services – paying as you go for only the resources you need. Are you interested in working on products, and solving world-class problems that are disrupting the cloud-computing industry? Does solving hard technical challenges at extreme scale appeal to you? Do you like working on products that are providing real value to AWS customers? If so, please join us in Amazon EC2 as we are growing our product teams quite rapidly and are calling out for the best software developers in the industry!
We’re therefore looking for most talented and innovative software engineers at many levels, who are leaders by nature, and passionate about building most innovative products for the leading cloud provider in human history.
Responsibilities and Duties
Your responsibilities will include:
- Taking ownership of problems, designing and developing highly reliable and scalable distributed systems to solve problems progressively, iteratively, and timely
- Taking technical ownership of products, contributing to product capabilities and knowledge-base so can enable and sustain rapid product delivery at scale; you must be able to work with minimum technical supervision and supplemental engineering support, while responding efficiently to multiple program priorities
- Working in full harmony with your team members to manage product iterations and day-to-day development activities, be a mentor for other engineers, and participate in designs, design reviews, code reviews, and full delivery of product releases
Qualifications and Skills
- 5+ years of hands on software development in any of these languages: Java/Ruby/C/C++/C#, preferably on a Linux/Unix platform.
- BS in Computer Science, or equivalent
- Strong OO methodology and design patterns
- Multi-threaded programming
- Strong knowledge of data structures, algorithms, operating systems, and/or distributed systems.
- Experience working on at least any two areas: large-scale distributed application development, machine learning, Unix/Linux environments, and deep-dive root-cause problem analysis.
- Fluent communication skills in verbal and written English
- Minimum of 5 years software development experience
- Masters or further education or similar experience in any related computer science or engineering field
- Strong analytical skills with excellent problem-solving abilities.
- Experience in delivering large-scale distributed systems.
- Experience with Agile, OO modeling, web services, UNIX, middleware and databases.
- Knowledge of professional software engineering practices & best practices for the full software development lifecycle, including coding standards, code reviews, source control management, build processes, testing, and operations.
- Ability to take a project from scoping requirements through actual launch of the project.
- Experience in communicating with users, other technical teams, and management to collect requirements, describe software product features, and technical designs.
- Experience translating design mockups and prototypes into working application designs.
- Excellent leadership, verbal and written communication skills.
- Ability to work well with people and be both highly motivated and motivating.
Job Type: Full-time
Salary: $150,000.00 to $180,000.00 /year
- C++: 2 years (Preferred)
- Ruby: 2 years (Preferred)
- software development: 5 years (Preferred)
- Java: 5 years (Preferred)