TriNet is a leading provider of comprehensive human resources solutions for small to midsize businesses (SMBs). We enhance business productivity by enabling our clients to outsource their HR function to one strategic partner and allowing them to focus on operating and growing their core businesses. Our full-service HR solutions include features such as payroll processing, human capital consulting, employment law compliance and employee benefits, including health insurance, retirement plans and workers’ compensation insurance.
TriNet has a nationwide presence and an experienced executive team. Our stock is publicly traded on the NYSE under the ticker symbol TNET. If you’re passionate about innovation and making an impact on the large SMB market, come join us as we power our clients’ business success with extraordinary HR.
The Risk Consultant is responsible for protecting workers’ compensation profitability and ensuring loss exposures are properly classified for a specific client group within a geographic territory. Profitability is protected through loss control initiatives, strong underwriting assessments, claims mitigation and application of correct workers’ compensation classification codes providing premium collection commensurate to exposure.
- Provide loss control consultations to clients – approximately 60% of service time is dedicated to loss control consultation. This includes surveying client operations, reviewing administrative and engineering loss controls, identifying loss trends, providing safety training and loss control recommendations as well as conducting meetings with client management to improve client workplace safety.
- Develop, communicate and implement loss control action plans for high hazard and/or high frequency/severity clients.
- Routinely partner with TriNet client service and sales teams to showcase loss control value to both prospects and clients in our common goal to grow organically and maintain excellent client retention.
- Provide detailed loss control and auditing reports to internal concerns regarding client and prospect operations and exposures.
- Ensure appropriate workers’ compensation classification assignments for proper premium collection.
- Document all loss control and auditing activity per established procedures in a timely manner.
- Other projects and responsibilities may be added at the manager’s discretion.
JOB REQUIREMENTS AND QUALIFICATIONS
Bachelor’s degree desired (preferably in occupational safety and health or a related risk management field) and one to two years related experience required or equivalent combination of education and experience.
Training Requirements (licenses, programs, or certificates):
- CSP, ASP, ARM, ACLM or equivalent designation desired.
Other Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Minimum of two years’ experience in workers’ compensation loss control or occupational safety and health consultation.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Ability to communicate with employees at all levels of the organization
- Ability to read, analyze and interpret common scientific and technical documents.
- Ability to define problems, collect data, establish facts and draw valid conclusions.
- Strong knowledge and understanding of both state and federal occupational safety laws and standards.
- Fluent in English.
- Excellent presentation and facilitation skills
- A demonstrated commitment to high professional ethical standards and a diverse workplace
- Ability to adapt to a fast paced continually changing business and work environment while managing multiple priorities
- Highly proficient in Microsoft Office Suite.
WORK ENVIRONMENT/OTHER INFORMATION (Travel required, physical requirements, on-call schedules, etc.)
- Daily local travel within the assigned territory is required. Regular overnight travel in extended areas of the assigned territory may be required.
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee is exposed to a wide array of work environments that may include a clerical office environment, manufacturing facility or construction site. The ability to endure extreme environmental conditions, such as heat and heights, is required.
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee is frequently required to stand, move, bend at neck and reach below shoulder level. Employee is constantly required to sit, talk, hear, and use hands to operate telephone, computer and mouse. The employee is occasionally required to reach above shoulder level. The employee may occasionally lift and/or move up to 10 pounds and rarely lift and/or move up to 25 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision and distance vision.
- The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
TriNet reserves the right to change or modify job duties and assignments at any time. The above job description is not all encompassing. Position functions and qualifications may vary depending on business necessity.
TriNet is an Equal Opportunity Employer and does not discriminate against applicants based on race, religion, color, disability, medical condition, legally protected genetic information, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, marital status, gender identity or expression, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth or related medical conditions), age, veteran status or other legally protected characteristics. Any applicant with a mental or physical disability who requires an accommodation during the application process should contact a company manager, a company officer or a TriNet HR representative to request such an accommodation.