JOIN OUR VIRTUAL CHATS ON THURSDAYS 2PM - 3PM
This position is responsible for the direct and indirect nursing care of the emergency care patient. This position requires knowledge of departmental and hospital policies relevant to the delivery of emergency care. Interpretive skills, frequent interactive and consultative associations are inherent in this position.
Minimum one year Emergency Department or Critical Care experience preferred.
Problem SolvingCommunication.Documentation.Assessment.Prioritization.Risk Assessment. Equipment Operation. Skill Proficiency .Teamwork. Initiative. Collects adequate and correct blood/urine specimens from patients as ordered by physicians, using proper technique and equipment. Correctly labels specimens and processes. Ensures appropriate delivery of specimens to the lab via courier or specimen pick up from outside agencies. Medication safety.
- RN - Registered Nurse
- BLS - Basic Life Saving certification
- ACLS - Advanced Cardiac Life Support
- NIH - Stroke Certification
Competencies and skills:Essential:
- BABY - Baby Friendly certification
- TNCC - Trauma Nurse Core Course/ Training
- PALS - Pediatric Advanced Life Support
- Experience In Hospital Or Acute Care Setting
- Clear Communication Skills Both Written And Verbal
- Able To Keep Confidential Information Regarding Patients, Team Members
- Able To Withstand Crisis Situations
- Has Skills To Provides Customer Service To Patients, Team Members And Visitors
- Knowledge And Experience With Electronic Health Records
- RN Diploma/RN Graduate Program
Part Time >32