Location: Framingham, MA & Boston, MA
To be considered for this incredible Fellowship, please send the following to lindsey.stasiowski@pabianlaw. com:
- College/university transcripts
- Essay explaining why you should receive the Pabian Law Fellowship and why interning with Dana-Farber Cancer Institute is meaningful to you
DEADLINE FOR FELLOWSHIP SUBMISSION: JULY 1, 2020
Pabian Law/Dana-Farber Cancer Institute Fellowship
Interested in leaving your mark on this world and making it a better place? Want to follow your passion and help others? How about being paid to do so?
Pabian Law and Dana-Farber Cancer Institute are thrilled to announce a one-of-a-kind fellowship that allows you to not only gain practical, hands-on legal experience, but also be paid to impact the community while doing so. Here are the details:
- 20-month paid Fellowship
- During your first 8 months (from August 3, 2020 to May 3, 2021), you will work in a paralegal capacity at Pabian Law, a national law firm with its headquarters in Framingham, Massachusetts in our internationally-renowned hospitality immigration practice area
- From May 3, 2021 to August 2, 2021, you will be paid to impact the community through being a fellow at Dana-Farber Cancer Institute!
o You will receive a bi-weekly stipend
o You will have the option of remaining on our benefits package
o You will be a fellow at Dana-Farber Cancer Institute from May 3, 2021 to August 2, 2021, helping cancer patients in a myriad of ways
- From August 2, 2021 to May 2, 2022, you will resume your role as a paralegal in our hospitality practice area
More information about being a paralegal at Pabian Law:
Role Title: Junior Paralegal - Fellowship
Pabian Law paralegals are not administrative staff; rather, they are assigned cases, will interact with clients, and perform activity work to move cases forward from start to finish. It is a rewarding and interesting job where you will work in a team-oriented environment with smart, energetic, and kind colleagues. And, we really do want to pay you to impact the community through your fellowship at Dana-Farber Cancer Institute!
Role Supervision: The Junior Paralegal – Fellowship will report to the Managing Partner and/or Senior Team member, with additional accountability to Case Managers.
- Ensuring that work is completed prior to deadlines by performing the following duties including but not limited to:
o Coordinating with attorneys, other immigration paralegals, and administrative staff
o Continually monitoring all assigned cases for “red flags”
o Maintaining an accurate status list and continually taking action on all open matters
o Reviewing supporting documents for required information, discussing deficiencies, and making necessary edits
- Understanding the workflows used by Pabian Law and, when necessary, suggesting changes in workflows that result in increased efficiency by:
o Using templates and outlines
o Drafting process checklists, questionnaires, and best practice guides
o Maintaining an overall knowledge of protocols, procedures/processes, and types of clients/cases
More information about being a fellow at Dana-Farber Cancer Institute:
Role Title: Patient and Family Programs and Services Fellow
This is an exciting and challenging opportunity to have a direct impact on patients and their families facing cancer – including the financial burden that often accompanies it. This position is ideal for a skilled, thoughtful individual who is both highly organized and compassionate, with a strong desire to help others, and able to work autonomously and also a team player.
Role Supervision: The Fellow will report to the DFCI Resource Office Supervisor and/or Pharmacy Resource Specialist Supervisor, with additional accountability to project owners.
- Assist patients and family members in completing applications for foundation financial and/or medication co-pay assistance (via phone and in person)
- Assist with volunteer summer vacation coverage by performing a variety of tasks, including but not limited to:
o Escorting patients and their families to their appointments
o Helping answer questions at the Center for Patients and Families Concierge Desk or Resource Center
- Assist with projects as needed, such as
o Inventorying resource materials
o Scanning foundations for status (open/closed)
o Gathering Handbook revisions
o Editing patient parking list
o Researching untapped resources
Now, some requirements for the Fellowship:
- We do require that you have a Bachelor’s degree
- We do not require legal experience. We will train you!
- We do not require a Paralegal Certificate. We will train you!
- We want you tell us why you should receive the Pabian Law/Dana-Farber Cancer Institute Fellowship and why being a fellow with Dana-Farber Cancer Institute is meaningful to you
About Pabian Law
Pabian Law was launched in 2013 with a clear goal: provide outstanding immigration legal services to companies and organizations across the United States through a responsive, friendly, clear and understandable model. Today, we have grown to represent clients with operations in all 50 states who rely on our team to secure visas and immigration benefits for their cherished foreign national staff.
Our nationally-renowned Hospitality Seasonal H-2B Visa Practice Area is our fastest growing practice area. Pabian Law is considered by many around the United States to be the leading practice focusing on this type of law. We work with high-end resorts, hotels, private clubs, and ski areas daily to provide solutions for their seasonal staffing struggles.
Pabian Law is proud to be recognized for our hard work, client dedication, and our fast and efficient results. Are you ready to join our amazing team?
About Dana-Farber Cancer Institute
Located in Boston and the surrounding communities, Dana-Farber Cancer Institute brings together world renowned clinicians, innovative researchers and dedicated professionals, allies in the common mission of conquering cancer, HIV/AIDS and related diseases. Combining extremely talented people with the best technologies in a genuinely positive environment, we provide compassionate and comprehensive care to patients of all ages; we conduct research that advances treatment; we educate tomorrow's physician/researchers; we reach out to underserved members of our community; and we work with amazing partners, including other Harvard Medical School-affiliated hospitals.
Job Types: Full-time, Internship