Allergy, Immunology practice seeking for a reliable Medical Assistant in Key West to perform various office and clinical duties to keep our practice running efficiently. Our Medical Assistant will work directly with healthcare practice staff to maintain patient records, assist physician with medical procedures, administer allergy injections and refer patient’s concerns to the physician.
- Welcome patients by greeting them, in person or on the telephone; answering and/or referring inquiries.
- Clean and prepare examination rooms prior to patient appointments.
- Verify patient information, record changes in medical history, vitals, medications, and treatment prior to each appointment.
- Support patient care delivery by helping health care providers during examinations; disposing of contaminated supplies; administering medications on the premises; authorizing drug refills as directed; sending prescriptions to the pharmacy; administering allergy shots; performing allergy testing, PFT.
- Educate patients by providing medications with the corresponding information and instructions.
- Generate revenue by recording billing information of services rendered; completing insurance forms; responding to insurance and other third-party inquiries.
- Keep supplies ready by inventorying stock; placing orders; verifying receipt.
- Medical Assistant certificate
- 2+ years of experience working for a healthcare practice or hospital
- High level of professionalism
- Strong customer service skills
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Clinical, procedural and documentation skills
- Allergy specialty skills preferably
- eClinicalWorks EMR skills is a plus.
Job Type: Full-time
Salary: $29,120.00 to $35,360.00 /year
- Certified Medical Assistant: 2 years
- Certified Medical Assistant